X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John G
    • Jan 2004

The Great Raid

Hello Everyone,

I enjoy visiting this section of the forum for ideas on movies to rent, thanks to all who contribute.

This movie just came out on DVD and it's one that's worth renting especially if you like war movies. My Blockbuster only had about 10 copies and they were all checked out yesterday. I called back today and was able to secure one for rental.

I thought I'd mention this movie because it didn't seem to get much publicity. I heard an interesting interview with the director who's father I think was involved in the raid and have been watching out for it to come out on DVD.

Regards,
    John
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

One big problem I had with the Great Raid was that the Single disc is Full Screen only. BLECH!!!!!

To get widescreen you need to get the 2 disc Directors cut otherwise you saw the full screen version

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Shane Martin
      One big problem I had with the Great Raid was that the Single disc is Full Screen only. BLECH!!!!!
      Whoa! Now that's a big step backwards - about 4 or 5 years or so. :M Thanks for the heads-up.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• saurabh
        • Feb 2005

heres the imdb link for this
        Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

I don't know if I want to pay extra just to get two discs. Think I'll rent it first then if i like it, wait for it to come available as a previously viewed title, and then buy it. I'm sure I'll like it. I have always been a sucker for war films.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Shane Martin
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2001

George,
            There are no rentals for the Widescreen(that I'm aware of). Most people stock the single disc which is foolscreen only.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Shane Martin
              George,
              There are no rentals for the Widescreen(that I'm aware of). Most people stock the single disc which is foolscreen only.
              My local Blockbuster has a full rental display and all in widescreen.
              My Homepage!

Comment

• saurabh
                • Feb 2005

Watched it and it sure is quite underrated.

If I can compare it with Saving private ryan, I find that in SPR there are certain moments in the movie wherein it drags on and I lost interest.

but with the TGR, I kept glued on and wasnt even blinking any eye :W .

Sure shot 10/10 and a place in my collection.
                Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"