• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick M
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Mr. & Mrs. Smith

Rented it.

Pitt & Jolie work well together. The film was a humorous action blockbuster that was better than I had anticipated. Lot's of mindless blowin' stuff up, people getting shot at with abazillion rounds and going nearly unscathed sort of stuff mixed with marriage humor.

Worth a rent, but I'm satisfied with one viewing.

:3: out of :5:
    ~Nick
  • Bent
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2003

Nick, would you dare say it has the entertainment value of True Lies?
    a favourite spy spoof of mine with a bit more emphasis on spy rather than spoof.

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

I concur with Nicholas, worth a rent but one viewing is enough, lots of action, but somewhat disappointing SQ and PQ.

Bent, this movie had more emphasis on spook rather than spy, IMHO.

Best regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Nick M
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Ben - They had the same action realism (or lack thereof), but there was alot more humor in Mr. & Mrs. Smith. Effects quality was also better in True Lies. True Lies didn't move the Earth for me either (I'd give it :3: as well), but as Azeke mentioned it's more of a "I work for the CIA" type film with Bond-esque action.

Handsdown, "Spy Game" is my favorite spy film. I even own the soundtrack which is kinda like a middleeastern/techno/symphonic type disc. Pitt and "The BraveHeart Chick" starred in that with Robert Redford if you haven't seen it.
        ~Nick

Comment

• audioqueso
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

Just rented it today. I'll watch it tonight and add my comments.
          Hey Nick, I read your comment about Spy Game, and I instantly confused it for I-Spy. lol You sure you didn't mean I-Spy? lol JK
          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

I didn't think this would be a collectible.
            My Homepage!

Comment

• Shane Martin
              Super Senior Member
              • Apr 2001

It's on par with True Lies IMHO. The last part was ridiculous and knocked it down a few notches but overall a fun experience.

I gave it a 7.5 out of 10. There is a newer version coming in a few months so if you are thinking of buying you should wait. Fox is notorious for double dipping.

Comment

• audioqueso
                Super Senior Member
                • Nov 2004

Alright, just finished watching it. I liked it. It was a very fun movie. But the ending was a little weird. I didn't quite get it. But overall I liked the movie. Nice action, exaggerated, but not over-done.

I give it :35: out of 5.
                B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• David Meek
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

One thing I did like was the mini-van as a getaway car bit. :B

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2001

Watched it Saturday night and found it okay. Wifey also liked it. You can certainly see why these two became an item. They were obviously having a lot of fun making this flick, and the chemistry was very very there. Glad I rented 'cause I probably wouldn't bother to watch it again if I owned it.
                    My Homepage!

Comment

• DSGCobra
                      • Feb 2003

Jolie is all the replay value I need. I mean sh!t I will throw in tomb raider in once in a while and that movie is awful.

Comment

• Foxman
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by DSGCobra
                        Jolie is all the replay value I need. I mean sh!t I will throw in tomb raider in once in a while and that movie is awful.
                        So, have we sunk to the point that the quality and content are no longer important as long as there is some hottie mixed in for our endless lustfull desires to cause our minds to forgive the sins of the director, producer and screen writer?

:T ok, maybe sometimes
                        IMO

My Movies
                        Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• Cowanrg
                          • Feb 2004

i am continually amazed at the quality of movies that come out. i mean, this, then something like fantastic four. and in both of them, people are drooling over the lead actress, when the movie is TRASH. IMO, there wasnt a single redeeming quality about this movie. it was miserable and almost painful to watch.

Comment

• H.Donald
                            • Aug 2004

We watched it the other night...the kids loved it.My wife and I have a saying,which we use after most of the movies we see these days...."glad we didn't go to the movies to see that".It was used after this "film"....

Comment

• Lex
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Apr 2001

One thing I did like was air rifle zings to the rear surrounds. Came alive on my theater. Nicely done SS work.Also, I liked the elevator music bit during the middle of the all out war.. I can't believe nobody liked some of the surround work enough to comment on that. Hey, not every movie can be Ben Hur epic proportion. Sometimes, it's just about havin' some fun, catching a glimse of one of the hottest women around in Joley, and just generally havin fun.
                              Doug
                              "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"