X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bing Fung
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

The Interpreter

Just finished watching this show. We found it very gripping and action packed considering we were not really expecting it to be.

Nicole Kidman and Sean Penn provide excellent character performances.

The show used the most common themes and props of typical suspense thrillers, this did not bother me as much as it did my wife Christine, somewhat. Typical scary shower scenes, alone on a dark night, thunder and lightning...

Picture Quality was excellent to superb with great contrast and clarity, colors had the right amount of saturation. I found myself thinking this looks almost as good as Hi-definition broadcasts, yet smoother somehow. Must be the lower res softening In fact I found I was absorbed most times, forgetting I was watching my TV until some scenes that looked so good, made me think 'Great Picture, superb contrast, nice clarity...'

The audio track was engaging and dynamic with more LFE and surround action than I would have expected from this type of show. There seemed to be a lot of spacial dimension while watching the show :T

For entertainment content I would give it a solid :4:

For Picture and sound most definitely a :5:
    Bing
  • Snap
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2005

Thanks Binger! I was wanting to watch this movie this weekend! :T
    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• Nick M
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

I watched this yesterday and completely forgot to post! :lol:

I thought it had an excellent soundtrack and acting, but the script dragged in places. It's not a film I would watch twice, as it's the type that uses unrevealed plots and scenes as supports for an unknown that keeps you watching. Once you know the full story and conclusion, I would get bored with a second viewing. Overall an enjoyable rent, but I'm happy with seeing it once.

:3: out of :5: :T
      ~Nick

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Sounds like a good rental anyway.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Thought this one looked good, nice work guys :T
          Jason

Comment

• Bing Fung
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Aug 2000

We rented it as well, however I would watch it again just to catch the personal interactions and subtle, yet powerful dialogs that seemed to be exchanged. I really get into this stuff as well as re-exploring everything that was being presented.

I agree, that once seen, the element of surprise is over... Much like the Sixth Sense, I loved that show and watched it twice when I bought the DVD, however like any magic trick, once you know how it works, it's not interesting anymore.

I sure do like Nicole for some reason or another, I think she is one beautiful looking actress :yesnod:

That Tom got rocks in his head? :scratchhead:
            Bing

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Watched this last night. The acting was very good but the story plodded along slowly at times. Still and all, the wife and I both enjoyed the film. Very good PQ and sound, as Bing pointed out at the beginning of this thread. But like Nick, I would not bother to watch it again, so for me a rental.
              My Homepage!

Comment

• Foxman
                • Jan 2003

Thanks guys, sounds like a used purchase maybe and a rental at least fo sho
                IMO

My Movies
                Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• aud19
                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2003

Finally watched this Saturday night off HD, Jazz and I both thought it was better than the the trailers led you to believe. The two leads did an especially good job I thought. PQ/SQ were both quite good as mentioned.
                  Jason

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"