X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

Ben Hur 4 disc Collectors Edition

Ben Hur(the 1925 and 1959) versions have finally been released on one 4 disc set. The first 2 discs go with the 1959 version and the 3rd disc is for the 1925 Silent version while the 4th disc is even more extras.

The set comes in a Lord Of the Rings Extended Edition like packaging. The raised lettering on the exterior is rather nice.

The 1959 version is presented in 5.1 which is a remix. The directional cues are missing which poses somewhat of an issue for some folks. I'll have to drag out the Laserdisc set to compare there.

The Video is presented in OAR 2.76 FINALLY. Compared to the old version, it's EASY to see the cropping on the old version compared to the new. There is also some more controversy whether or not the yellowish/goldish pallette looks right. I guess we'll never know. I would assume yes.

This release of a grand epic and a true epic at that is masterful.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"