X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patt
    • Feb 2005

Super Size Me

If they could have condensed the movie just a little it would have captured my intrest a bit more.

The main character not only changed the type of food he ate but also the quantity which made a huge difference, I'm sure.

What has happened to good old fashioned will power?
    ......Pat
  • Nick M
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

I thought this was quite entertaining, and picked it up awhile back.

An excellent production of an opinion regarding a serious issue in todays society.

I don't have cable, but I hear this guy has a TV show where he and a few people try to live on minimum wage or something. Sounds interesting given my enjoyment with Super Size Me.

Loved the soundtrack! :T :rofl:
    ~Nick

Comment

• Patt
      • Feb 2005

Now that you mention it the soundtrack was pretty good.

The living on minimum wage thing sounds mighty interesting too.
      ......Pat

Comment

• Sarahbee
        • Jun 2005

I've heard good things about 30 days...Morgan Spurlock is a creative guy. Still haven't seen Super Size Me but it's on my list. I also can't bring myself to read Fast Food Nation because I don't want to feel bad about the Whopper I like to eat every 2 years or so....
        "We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Comment

• Shane Martin
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2001

30 Days is an intriguing show. It puts people out of their comfort zone for instance last week they asked a devout christian to live with a Muslim family. Next week they are asking a Bible Thumping dude to go live with a gay guy in SF.

It's very slanted politically but it's interesting from a human perspective.

It comes on 10pm ET and PT on FX.

Comment

• Danbry39
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Sep 2002

Hey, I'll have to check out 30 days.

Not only did I love Supersize Me, but the message is extremely important.

If anyone watched the extras, gotta make you wonder what additives they put on the fries to virtually mummify them.
            Keith

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"