X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sithlord
    • Aug 2004

Kung Fu Hustle

Well I love martial arts movies if there done well and Kung Fu Hustle is just fantastic. I have just ordered it on dvd (DTS) should arrive this week and I think there will be some amazing surround moments if they have done the pressing justice. If anyone here has seen Shaolin Soccor and liked it, then you will definatley enjoy this offering. It's directed/written by the same guy that did Shaolin Soccor but he has taken it to the next level. The special effects are amazing and the story is very good with great character development. If you have the opportunity, go and see it when it comes out at the movies as I happened to stumble across a copy and straight away bought the dvd. I'll let you know what the transfer is like when it arrives. :T

P.S
    Here is a review of the dvd:
  • Patt
    • Feb 2005

Hi Sith,

Out of all our movies we have one chop chop movie and it is Shaolin Soccer.

Saw it in Circuit City on a demo tv and thought it was pretty funny, so guess I'll have to check it out. :tv:
    ......Pat

Comment

• Sithlord
      • Aug 2004

I received the dvd yesterday (Tuesday) which was very quick from Hong Kong ordered last Friday. Get ready for a excellent surround sound experience. PQ and SQ are top notch all the way with amazing rear channel usage and bass extention which goes does down very low. I'm not sure if this is the full bitrate DTS but it certainly sounds like it. A great ride.

Comment

• Nick M
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Rented It.

Kung Fu Hustle Chicken
        1c Matrix
        1c Kill Bill
        1c House of Flying Daggers
        1c The Shining
        5lbs Chicken Tenderloins

Mix all ingredients and spread on chicken.
        Bake 30mins @ 350*

I thought it was pretty good. Had to watch it on my PC due to not having received my 2910 yet. Fantastic characters and score. Story was a bit weak, but this is Kung Fu after all... :B

I'll pick it up used once it gets around. An enjoyable martial arts comedy.

:35: out of :5: (More like 3.35, but I'm feeling generous)
        ~Nick

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Excellent! If you like it Nick, it must be fun. I'd wanted to catch this at the cinema while it was running but it didn't stay around long enough to be caught.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Please tell me this is not English subtitled...
            My Homepage!

Comment

• Nick M
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Nov 2004

Yup... :T

You can watch it with godzilla speak though...

:blah: ... "You killed my master, and now I will kill you..." :B
              ~Nick

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Nicholas Mosher
                Yup... :T

You can watch it with godzilla speak though...

:blah: ... "You killed my master, and now I will kill you..." :B
                :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
                My Homepage!

Comment

• purplepeople
                  • Aug 2004

Didn't know the DVD is out... must go and get it.

I saw this in the theatre and it by far the funniest movie I've seen in a very long time. As Nick suggests, it is full of references to all sorts of other films, even Star Wars.

It is easily worth paying full price at the theatre, after waiting in line for 2 hours. Sadly, there were very few people watching this... I think the marketing just fell flat with all the blockbusters surrounding it.

ensen.
                  Those who claim to be making history are often the same ones repeating it...

Comment

• Kingdaddy
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nicholas Mosher
                    Rented It.

Kung Fu Hustle Chicken
                    1c Matrix
                    1c Kill Bill
                    1c House of Flying Daggers
                    1c The Shining
                    5lbs Chicken Tenderloins
                    You forgot Roger Rabbit.
                    My Center Channel Project

Comment

• Azeke
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Mar 2003

I enjoyed this movie more at home than in the theater. Good PQ, excellent SQ. Comical entertainment value, 3.5 out of 5. The English version has a slightly different comical flair. Worth the purchase price of $15.00.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• audioqueso
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Nov 2004

I just bought it last night, but didn't get a chance to watch it. I can't wait to watch it tonight.
                        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• audioqueso
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Nov 2004

What a strange movie! I just watched it last night, and boy was that story absolutely out there. It was fun, but strange.
                          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Chris D
                            Moderator Emeritus
                            • Dec 2000

I made a blind purchase of it on Blu-Ray along with "Monster House" using a buy 1, get 1 free deal from Best Buy. In general, I'm not a fan of kung-fu movies, or other movies that are foreign films dubbed into English. I just can't get into them, really. But I decided to pick up this movie based on the numerous very good reviews of it and statements that it was different from other kung-fu movies.

In a word, it was "unique". As others have said above, it had all sorts of different styles and odd aspects to it, such as cartoon character-style actions of some of the people. Some of the kung-fu action was awesome, as well as some very good special effects. Specifically, I enjoyed the battle scene in the courtyard between the masters and the two attackers playing the large stringed guitar-like instrument.

However, overall, I still couldn't get into it and overall, didn't like it as much as I liked it. :2: for me out of :5:, but I can see how that's largely because I'm just not a big fan of kung-fu flicks.

(and Nick, I think you need to add some "Looney Tunes" to that recipie for this movie)
                            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                            - Pleasantville

Comment

• Brian C.
                              • Dec 2006

Since I'm close to you, I'll give you your purchase price minus 10% for it. :T

It is used, after all...

:

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"