• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick M
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

The LadyKillers

Rented It.

There were alot of people that gave this film a poor review, but I myself love the Coen Brothers style of directing, and thought this film was a success. Definetly an interesting cast with Hanks and Wayans. All of the characters were original and funny. If you're a fan of Fargo or Oh Brother Where Art Thou I highly recommend you pick this one up. I went to buy it today, but all I could find were full-screen editions, so I'll have to order it.

:35: out of :5: :T
    Last edited by Nick M; 05 February 2005, 12:45 Saturday.
    ~Nick
  • Foxman
    • Jan 2003

Your the first person on the net that I have found to write anything on this movie. I havent purchased it yet but have been intrigued by it and when I find it used it will come home with me. I suspected this was a pretty good movie. Hanks is a great actor and makes movies much better than they are in some cases.
    IMO

My Movies
    Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I didn't like the original film it was based on so haven't been in a rush to rent this.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• markusp
        • Jul 2004

I'm of the opposite opinion. While I have really enjoyed most of the other Coen films, I really didn't like this one at all. I found most of the cast to be very annoying and felt that the humour was pretty forced. It just didn't flow well and I was happy when it ended (did like the ending though).

Comment

• Nick M
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

I think the goofy character style of O Brother Where Art Thou carried over to LadyKillers. People were critical about Hanks, but I think thats because this role is so different from the roles he normally takes. The eclectic style of Mountain Girl, Wayans, The General, etc make a harmony that is signature of the Coens. The waffle-hut scene had me rolling on the floor.

Sorry to hear it didn't win you over markusp.
          ~Nick

Comment

• brendon
            • Aug 2004

Watched this at home a few weeks ago and would have to agree its not the best thing the Coens ever did but IMHO a second rate Coen Brothers film is still better than 90% of Hollywood's output.
            Brendon

Comment

• markusp
              • Jul 2004

No worries Nicholas - it was just my opinion

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"