X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

ELF - Will Farrell Christmas Comedy

Hilarous bust a gut laugh outloud comedy. Very good for the entire family(even the kiddos). Nothing objectionable. No cuss words nothing.

The dvd is packed. It's mighty good.

Grade: A wholesome 7 out of 10 :T
  • Foxman
    • Jan 2003

My wife and children saw this at the theater and have been waiting a year for it to come to DVD. She LOVED this movie. I finaly got to watch this last night, it is an infinifilm so you know it has extra's out the ying yang and yes it is hilarious. :T
    IMO

My Movies
    Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• Danbry39
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2002

I saw it at the movies with my family and we laughed hearty that night. A couple of scenes really were gut busters for me. A great family and holiday film.
      Keith

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

Although it is downright silly in some spots, if you can get through the first ten minutes of kiddie-cartoonish fantasy, it turns into sort of a "Miracle on 34th Street" for our times -- a sometimes cynical, sometimes affectingly sweet look at family relationships, life in the big city as seen through the eyes of an innocent, and the Christmas spirit, among other themes.

The DVD sound is superb and the picture quality is also first-rate. Can't comment on the extras, since, although the set is loaded with them, I've just watched the movie. For those who simply can't bear to see the entire movie image, preferring to have some of it cut away to "fit your TV screen", the set includes a pan and scan version of the film on a second disc.

All in all, an enjoyable holiday film with some truly funny scenes.

Burke
        Last edited by Burke Strickland; 20 November 2004, 14:58 Saturday.

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Tried to rent it today but all locations were out. Will always makes me laugh so I am looking forward to it. Also looking forward to stern-faced, mostly always serious JAMES CAAN playing Will's Dad.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Well I watched it last night. Even though I like Will Farrel, he didn't hit my funny bone as much on this one. Probably would have enjoyed this more if there had been some children in the room. Asner's take on Santa was cute, and tough guy Caan just didn't seem at ease here. Just the same, it was okay, but I don't think it will become a classic Christmas film.
            My Homepage!

Comment

• Trevor Schell
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Going to watch this one tonight!!

HO!HO!
              Merry Christmas...:T
              Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                • Sep 2001

Originally posted by George Bellafontaine
                ...tough guy Caan just didn't seem at ease here...
                Perhaps that was because the character he played was ill at ease with the situation being portrayed?

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Possibly, Burke, but I have a feeling this was one of those " just for the money" roles and maybe it was bothering him.
                  My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"