X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adz
    • Jan 2004

Man on Fire

Justed wanted to drop a note about this DVD. Stars Denzel Washington as a former Marine turned bodyguard who swears vengeance on those who committed an unspeakable act against the family he was hired to protect.

I thought it was a great movie but besides that, the audio quality was surprisingly awesome especially the DTS version! Strong powerful LFE at times, but just the entire soundtrack/dialogue in general was incredibly immersive and rich in detail. I thought sonic quality was very similar, almost as good as Kill Bill II (the one with less action). I give it :T :T :T :T out of 5.

Check it out and let me know what you think!!
    Last edited by Adz; 18 November 2004, 22:00 Thursday.
    Adz
  • will1066
    • Aug 2003

Definitely. The audio quality was excellent on this DVD.

Comment

• Shane Martin
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2001

We discussed it here:

Comment

• Adz
        • Jan 2004

Can't believe I missed that (should have known!) - guess I should have done a search first but I was so friggin' excited to report about the audio quality of this movie - I am still floored. Can't say enough about it.
        Adz

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

I couldn't agreemore, Adz.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Adz
            • Jan 2004

Any other surprises like that out there?
            Adz

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Try the Chronicles of Riddick soundtrack, Adz. The bass had me checking the walls for cracks.
              My Homepage!

Comment

• Adz
                • Jan 2004

I purchased the Collectors Edition DVD which just came out a couple of weeks ago. I really love this movie, more so even the second time around. And the DTS version surround sound and LFE, is reference quality -- one of the best I've ever heard. If you haven't seen this movie yet, rent it or buy it now, I can't say enough about it! Feel free to thank me afterwards.
                Adz

Comment

• Sithlord
                  • Aug 2004

I just got the D-VHS (DTS) version of this and it adds another level of PQ and SQ for what was already an excellent dvd. I thought this movie was excellent.

Comment

• Adz
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Sithlord
                    I just got the D-VHS (DTS) version of this and it adds another level of PQ and SQ for what was already an excellent dvd. I thought this movie was excellent.
                    I can't imagine how good that must sound!! Unfortunately, D-VHS is all but dead around here. But I had some transport mods done to my Denon 5900 and its really to starting to shine through - it may be why I couldn't believe just how good Man on Fire sounded and how good The Lion King both sounded since the last time I played both of these.
                    Adz

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"