X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glangston@socal
    • May 2004

Manchurian Candidate (new version)

It seems there was a necessity to bring back a classic movie in an adulterated form and obviously timed to make political hay. I'll save my money on this one based on the hoopla. :roll:
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

The original followed the book closely. The remake is based on the book loosely. I'll probably rent the dvd when it comes out just out of curiosity and because I like Denzel's acting. One thing I can tell you. Manchurian has nothing whatsoever to do with Manchuria.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• glangston@socal
      • May 2004

Funny

Condon was a publicist in his first career with Disney (Fantasia). It seems his view of the world is the general one of manipulators and those that are manipulated. A very cynical world only a publicist could love. 8O

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Thanks for that info. I didn't know that about Mr. Condon, but it certainly explains the type of books he has written.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Nick M
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

Rented it and wasn't impressed what so ever.

Really corny right down to poor sound effects. One scene had some soldiers sitting in an APC playing cards and listening to a mono-speaker radio. Except this radio was putting out deep rich 5.1 channel sound. . Denzel also does not play a cigar-smoking soldier all that well. Most scenes were predictable, and many lines were corny. Really a waste of time...

:15: out of :5: for Liev Schreiber, the only person who acted well.

EDIT: Oops, I searched this title and thought it was in the DVD Director section...

Oh well.
          ~Nick

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"