X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Tenet in IMAX 15/70

For the first time since the shutdown in March, I ventured to a cinema to see Tenet two weeks ago. I'm a huge Christopher Nolan fan and always try to catch his films at our local real IMAX 15/70 venue since he shoots so much of his footage with IMAX cameras. Was a bit unusual, to say the least. The cinema reserved seating to ensure proper distancing and the vast majority of people respected the masks on unless eating rule. I went alone (not uncommon for me as my wife doesn't share much of my tastes in cinema). To be honest, the weird part wasn't in the cinema but rather the unusual vibe in downtown Montreal. I hadn't been to the downtown core since February (I'm usually there 2-3 times a week) and there's been much road construction since then. I felt the need to wear a mask on the sidewalk as many had been narrowed by construction and were crowded on a Saturday afternoon (more crowded than any grocery store in the suburbs that I'd been in--pretty much the only indoor venue I visit on a regular basis).

I enjoyed the movie thoroughly, though I can see how anyone who's not a Nolan fan might not. It is definitely a film that demands your complete attention for the whole time. Visually spectacular and a story that rewards those whose attention does not wander. I'm sure it would be raking in the dough if it wasn't for the current crisis (and given the upswing in cases here in the past two weeks, I'm not certain I'd go tomorrow, even with the same precautions as I took).

Worth watching from home when released, though it is one of those films where the biggest screen possible is almost a requirement, rather than a "nice to have".
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"