X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

The Ultimate Wave Tahiti - IMAX 3D

On a slightly different tack, I just saw this at our local IMAX. It features surfing by Kelly Slater, but also contains a good bit of educational material on geography, oceanography, Hawaiian surfing history, and the Polynesian culture. The picture was fantastic, and there were times when it appeared you could literally reach out and grab a fish from the school swimming right by you! (The girls in bikinis on their surfboards cruising by you weren't too bad either...)

Of course, the sound system was amazing, and the Polynesian music really jammed, with lots of drumming that gave the subwoofers a workout. I was expecting more of a surf focus and an slightly older crowd, but given the IMAX theater is connected to the Museum of Discovery and Science, there were a lot of kids present. Turned out to be appropriate for all audiences, and in addition to being visually and audibly impressive, it was also quite educational.

The Ultimage Wave Tahiti - Featuring Kelly Slater
    Brad
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

Fantastic! Thanks for the heads up. Personally, I found surfing in Tahiti to be more life threatening than fun. However, love to watch others with more skill doing it. In 3D, great.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Cool, thanks. I really like getting demo-type DVD's like that. Tahiti and/or Fiji are on my VERY short list of dream vacation spots, that I haven't been able to get to yet. So I might pick this one up for the visual splendor, not really the surfing. I see it's available as a 3D Blu-Ray on Amazon. I haven't bought one of those yet, so I don't know if those discs are viewable if you don't have 3D technology. (I don't have 3D equipment)

CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"