X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Any new TV shows worth checking out?

New season has started and while I have very little time to watch anything these days, if anyone has suggestions for something new and good, I can pass them along to my wife (who's doing a lot more solo watching owing to my crazy schedule for the next six months). Ideas?
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

The only show I watch is The Big Bang Theory. Lately I've been watching The Sopranos on Amazon. Those two shows are the closest I've come to watching TV for years. I think the last series I watched (besides BBT) was Sons of Anarchy, but I gave that one up when the show went off the rails around the third season.
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

New show??? Hummmm........I'm not sure about that but anything is new if you haven't seen it right?

Here are my top shows that I have watched to date:

1. 24
      2. Prison Break
      3. Breaking Bad
      4. Grey's Anatomy
      5. Nurse Jackie
      6. Dexter
      7. House M.D
      8. Supernatural
      9. Smallville

All of the above will give you hours of quality entertainment!

Apparently "Stranger Things" is apparently good but I haven't seen it yet. I also just finished watching a few seasons of "House of Lies" which was very entertaining. "How to get away with murder" is a great series as well.
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• bigburner
        Super Senior Member
        • May 2005

Have you watched "Yes, Prime Minister" (1986–1987)? There were 2 series, each with 8 episodes. The writing is delightful and the political scenarios they parody are as relevant today as they were in the 1980s.

Another 'oldie' that I'm currently enjoying is "Deadwood" (2004–2006). There were 3 seasons, each with 12 episodes. If profanity upsets you then I suggest you avoid this one. They certainly didn't talk that way on Bonanza!

Nigel.

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Stranger Things, Narcos, Sense 8 , all netflix shows and all amazingly good.

Comment

• Ovation
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Hdale85
            Stranger Things, Narcos, Sense 8 , all netflix shows and all amazingly good.
            Thanks, guys, for all the suggestions. Guess I've watched more TV than I thought, as these three are the only series I have yet to see. I'll pass them along to my wife as something to watch (she has, slightly, more time for TV than I do these days). I'll get to them myself when I can.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"