X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldbob
    • Aug 2016

If you have any questions

If you have any questions about film making, how a stunt is done, question about a certain movie. Ask it now and if I have the answer I will tell you. Sat. I am taking a long leave from my job here and heading to Costa Rica for surfing and then on to Thailand to help a friend out with his child rescue mission. I have no return date so never know how long before I return to the forum.
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

the charitable work you have been doing for many years is most honorable & admirable, Bob.

you have rolled thru here like a tornado in a trailer park since your recent return.
    i mean that in V good way
    i believe i speak for many here that you will be sorely missed until your return.
    your fascinating articles, insights and solid advice have given us a much needed boost around here.

upon your return, i will suggest you be given a sub-forum specifically for any and all 'ramblings' you care to share.

until then, safe travels.
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• oldbob
      • Aug 2016

Thank you, Wkhanna. If anybody wants to give to a charity where your money does not go to administrative costs take a look at http://www.gozoe.org. Mike is the younger brother of a long term surfing partner and he was my first driver when I started my business. Mike and his wife, Carol, have built an amazing organization starting with nothing but faith and the money from selling their house in CA. Just the two of them started rescuing children from slavery and then adopting them. This is not a orphanage. These children are all adopted. With great courage Mike has raced gangsters in remote jungles to get to just one child before the slavers can. Mike and Carol are examples of what any of us can accomplish if we only had their courage and faith. I know from first hand experience the dangers that they face daily. I paid for my involvement with them a few years ago, if any one here still remembers, when I was attacked by gangsters with axes. I am lucky that a fantastic surgeon in my neighborhood repaired my jaw and with just a couple of surgeries made the scars almost invisible.
      Again, take a look at their website. Send them a few dollars I am telling you with all sincerity that the money will not be misspent or used for anything but a child.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"