X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Ricki and the Flash

I liked this one, but it's one that I could see the others may find bland, or somewhat predictable. I just like movies about flawed characters, that seek to overcome their demons and better themselves, even if only a bit.

Meryl Streep plays Ricki, (stage name) an aged rock singer who fell away from her husband and kids in middle America, to pursue her music performance career in California. She reunites with the family when her daughter begins an ugly divorce, and the reunion isn't pretty. But the characters connect, not in a Hallmark sappy way, but rather as real people with real problems.

Bonus of Rick Springfield (i.e. 80's "Jessie's Girl") playing Ricki's lead guitarist and love interest. Didn't realize it until the movie was done. :4: out of :5:
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"