X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

R.I.P. Rowdy Roddy Piper

Why a pro wrestler in At The Movies ? Find , and watch , They Live and Hell Comes To Frogtown. They Live was a John Carpenter film that I watch every chance I get. Anyone not familiar with it will still recognize Roddy Piper's best line ever: "I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of bubble gum." Hell Comes To Frogtown is a film with the budget you would expect with that title , but if you're intrigued by things like men with exploding chastity belts and mutant frog people you'll love it. Roddy Piper did a great job bringing one liners and comedy to Carpenter-esque creepy movies. He had a good instinct for comedy and wasn't a bad actor. He was certainly entertaining , and isn't that what it's all about ?

Dead at 61 of a heart attack , Rowdy Roddy Piper will be missed as much as he entertained his cult following. Good bye and God Bless.
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Sorry to hear of his early passing.
    He was an interesting character with more talent & intelligence than most were aware of.
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

I always thought so. In interviews outside his primary profession he was genuinely humble and seemed a super nice person , as well as funny. While he was a "bad guy" as a wrestler , I never heard anyone say anything bad about him as a person. A worthy achievement for a celebrity.
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"