• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

New Star Trek Into Darkness Teaser Trailer Released

[YOUTUBE]4pFjsiN2SRY[/YOUTUBE]

Would like to see/hear more about what exactly the plot is but Abrams usually does a pretty good job so.... :T
    Jason
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Video not available to my country.....wtf

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Haha... it's usually us that gets those! :lol:

Try searching for it maybe?
      Jason

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Hmm......looks good I really liked the first one, I know a lot of trek fans didn't though.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

The first one (and by the looks of it, this one) certainly strayed from the original/TNG formulas. I suppose if you were looking for more of the same, you'd be disappointed.

Viewed on it's own though, I also thought the first of the series reboot was good. I'll watch this one too :T
          Jason

Comment

• Dmantis
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jun 2004

It looks really cool , I'm looking forward to seeing this.

Comment

• impala454
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Oct 2007

Looks pretty sweet. I liked the reboot quite a bit. It's interesting that it's a true "reboot" in that the complete universe is a different timeline. Good idea for both the story, franchise, and marketing
              -Chuck

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

I liked the reboot as a movie, but it's NOT a true "Trek" movie the way it's changing Trek lore. I'll definitely watch the new one.
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

• Ovation
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Sep 2004

New, longer trailer is now up at the official site, Apple Movie Trailers and elsewhere.

Comment

• impala454
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2007

Saw it in the the trailers from The Hobbit, just saw it on youtube but doesn't appear to me that it's up on the Apple site yet (all it shows it the ones from Dec 5th).
                    -Chuck

Comment

• Ovation
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Sep 2004

I saw it on the Apple trailer site. I did have to look for it among the 17 versions of the earlier teaser, though.

Comment

• Ovation
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Sep 2004

I've got a couple of days between semesters (wrapped one up on Monday and start another one next Monday--usually get 2 1/2 to 3 weeks between spring and summer semesters but not this year :M ). Anyway, I'm about to pop in the 2009 Trek movie in anticipation of catching the new one tomorrow (already have my ticket--the wonders of the internet). Will report a quick spoiler free review once I've seen it. I've been watching Trek, in all of its forms, since 1973, so I expect I'll enjoy it. Like Bond (another franchise I came to as a child), my nostalgia for Trek is stronger than any criticism I might level at any of its iterations. I have favourites (among series and films) but I've found something to enjoy in just about all of them (perhaps half a dozen episodes across all series that I wouldn't bother with again--but the rest of it is entertaining enough to me).

Comment

• Ovation
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Sep 2004

Very short review (will give a longer one when I have more time).

If you enjoyed the 09 version, chances are quite high you'll enjoy this one. The actors are more comfortable in their respective roles (not that they were bad in the first outing, but as in most forms of acting, more time in a role is a benefit). The story includes a degree of "moral debate" that was largely absent in the first one (for those who insist that such a thing be in a Trek story, I consider it as well developed as just about any such debate in "old Trek"). Cumberbatch is excellent in his role. Scotty is among those with a meatier role in the story and Pegg carries it off well (still moments of humour, but now we see some depth to the character). Effects are top notch.

As I've noted in various places, Bond and Trek are two franchises I came to as a child and so I am not usually given to viewing any installment of either one with a hyper critical eye. However, if I were to put my "critical hat" on to judge this latest Trek film, I'd still rank it quite high in the sci-fi/action-adventure genre.

Comment

• Silver1omo
                            • Sep 2010

I have never followed Star Trek, and enjoyed the 2 "new" movies. Now I'm compelled to watch some of the "old" movies and shows.
                            Ivan.
                            My Statement monitors

Comment

• impala454
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              • Oct 2007

Watched the new one last thurs, really enjoyed it. It's really interesting to see how the story unfolds in this "reboot" of the series.

I think they did great character development on Kirk & Spock, but seemed to kinda leave everyone else to the wayside.

The not so subtle nod to a previous Star Trek movie was rather ridiculous IMHO (I think I actually spoke aloud in the theater, "REALLY?!?"). Saying anything beyond that I think would be a spoiler
                              -Chuck

Comment

• Ovation
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Sep 2004

I actually thought it worked better than in the "original" as it had a more meaningful context (having to do with a character arc progression throughout the film--the original context was more transitory, IMO). But my view is far from universal.

Comment

• Ovation
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Sep 2004

Saw it again last night at a proper 15/70 IMAX cinema. The film has a number of IMAX sequences that use the full screen, like the Nolan Batman films and they look spectacular (the 3D left me indifferent, though--at least it didn't give me a headache). Despite the controversy for some, I hope the BD release includes a variable aspect ratio for the IMAX footage like the Nolan films (though I'm not holding my breath). If you have access to a 15/70 IMAX venue, though, and you liked the film (or haven't seen it yet), catch it while you can (Man of Steel moves into IMAX venues next week).

Comment

Working...
                                  😀
                                  😂
                                  🥰
                                  😘
                                  🤢
                                  😎
                                  😞
                                  😡
                                  👍
                                  👎
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"