X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P-Dub
    Office Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Dinner for Schumcks

Went to an early screening last week and did not expect it to be good. Boy! Was I surprised. This is a sweet, quirky, funny movie.

Paul Rudd plays Tim, a financial analyst who is ambitious and trying to move up to the next floor in a finance firm. There is some hope that he might have made it, but there is a catch, he is invited to dinner by the boss and has to bring somebody special. As luck would have it, Tim runs into Barry, played by Steve Carrell, and the special friend is found for dinner.

We follow Tim and Barry as their lives become intertwined over the next few days before the big dinner.

Stay till the end when all the credits are over as there is a little something.
    Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I don't know. After watching Steve Carrell in Get Smart I'd be more prone to pass on this one. However, it may be worth a rental on dvd.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

I hope it's as good as the original French film. But that would be a tall order.

Comment

• P-Dub
        Office Moderator
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Ovation
        I hope it's as good as the original French film. But that would be a tall order.
        I now want to see the original French version. My spirits picked up when I saw that it was based on a French film during the opening credits.

George - Get Smart was a tough one to watch. I'd say this could be a decent rental. There is something about this character that you learn through the movie. The previews really show it as a one dimensional character.
        Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Paul Wu

George - Get Smart was a tough one to watch. I'd say this could be a decent rental. There is something about this character that you learn through the movie. The previews really show it as a one dimensional character.
          Okay, Paul. I'll give it a go when it comes to dvd.
          My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"