X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Barry White "Staying Power"

What more can be said than, what the title (which is also the title track) already does. This cd proves that, when something works, leave it alone.

Barry is every bit as powerful and seductive as ever. I found the track "Staying Power" to be what the fans ( whom cover many genres) of Barry White live for. It as well as "Don't Play Games" (track 2) will have you believe in romance again.

There is also two duets of the same song on this disc. "The Longer We Make Love" is first done with " Chaka Khan and then later on the disc with Lisa Stansfield. Both have there qualities which, I found enjoyable.

There are also remakes of "Low Rider" and "Thank You". They sound great.

The sound quality on this cd is very good. I found myself able to hear each instrument very clearly. Each with there own space in the soundstage. I can't see anyone fan of this artist, being disapointed with this release.

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"