X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigburner
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2005

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

How did an excellent actor like Bill Nighy end up in an unmitigated load of crap like this? Who watches this stuff? It's a stupid question I know.

I escaped from the TV room where my wife was watching Criminal Minds - which must be one of the most formulaic, predictable pieces of crap on TV - and this is what I ended up watching on satellite in the big room. It's enough to make you slit your wrists.

Oy vey.

Nigel.
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

He seems to be one of those actors, like Michael Caine, who, while talented, sort of view it as a job to be worked hard at, and so don't turn down projects if their schedule is open. Plus he was in the earlier ones.

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Nigel, don't be shy. Tell us what you really think about the movie. It was a stinker wasn't it? I'm a big fan of the original, and the second was still entertaining, but I don't know why (other than money) they made this one.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Yeah, I haven't seen this one. LOVED the first one... so much good story background behind it. Second one didn't live up.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

First was OK. Didn't see the second and plan to pass on the third.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• TommyV
            • Feb 2007

If you are a fan of the series, it is not as bad as you guys are saying. I own the BD but it is worth a rent for sure. I actually liked it better the 2nd and 3rd time I saw it.

Criminal Minds BTW is a pretty good TV show. Somewhat mindless and bottled yes but I still keep up with it. This season has been pretty stinky though. Season 1-3 are good.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"