X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alloroc
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

Hancock

Saw a preview for this at Iron Man. Looks funny!
    Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Yeah, I like the take on the superhero genre this seems to have.
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

The early trailers had this one looking really interesting with a "grubby, anti-social, wino-street guy, superhero" aspect. This last round seems to have toned that down to an apologetic "I'll be better for you" angle. Hopefully this is just another advertising angle and not signs of a studio re-edit.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Sarahbee
        • Jun 2005

I'm really excited for this movie, I think it's going to be really good. The trailer I saw for it before Indy was hilarious, and I love Will Smith. I've liked pretty much every movie I've seen him in. And yeah, David, I really like the anti-social degenerate superhero aspect... I didn't think the new trailer came across as apologetic. It could just be that they want multiple trailers to show off different aspects of the movie, maybe? Anyway, I'll definitely be going to see it.
        "We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Comment

• audioqueso
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

I hope they don't go the Disney route and create trailers with scenes that aren't even part of the movie. Have you noticed that Disney has been doing that for the past 5 or so years? I hate that.

But Hancock looks like my kind of movie. A jerk. ha ha
          Did they release a date yet?
          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by audioqueso
            Did they release a date yet?
            Rotten Tomatoes shows it starting July 2nd in wide release.

Comment

• june
              • Feb 2005

Hancock

hello all

C+, the previews killed it for me. but i did enjoy it. the question is will i buy it on blu-ray? no, this is a rental only. ohhhh, don't leave another scene 20-30 seconds into the credits.
              June
              "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Note to all. I've merged the two Hancock threads.

Comment

• John Holmes
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Saw this over the weekend. My family and I really enjoyed it.

On a side note, I am officially done with critics! Most have not been kind to this film. And after seeing this movie, I've come to accept, reading reviews is almost a waste of time. Hancock, as well as many other films critics have destroyed, have been more than satisfying to me. Like everything YMMV.
                  "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• tabasc07
                    • Oct 2007

I thought it was a pretty good movie too. My friend mentioned that he liked the ending where he flew across a number of flags (including the American flag) as opposed to most superhero movies where they fly across only the American flag. I never thought of that and it was a pretty interesting take.
                    Last edited by David Meek; 13 July 2008, 14:43 Sunday. Reason: added spoiler tags

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2001

Originally posted by John Holmes

On a side note, I am officially done with critics! Most have not been kind to this film. And after seeing this movie, I've come to accept, reading reviews is almost a waste of time. Hancock, as well as many other films critics have destroyed, have been more than satisfying to me. Like everything YMMV.
                      Yeah, John, I gave up on critics many moons ago after finding that I often enjoy movies that critics have trashed.
                      My Homepage!

Comment

• Alloroc
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Dec 2005

Ditto. I saw it last week on opening day and I really enjoyed it. In fairness, what are they expecting? It's about a bum superhero! It's meant to be a bit of fun and it is! Some of these po-faced critics are so utterly...

No, a better analogy to describe a how I see a typical critic was the character 'Anton Ego' from Ratatouille...

Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• impala454
                          Ultra Senior Member
                          • Oct 2007

Bad news is popular news. Movie critics are no different. And I wouldn't put it past them to pull the "what have you done for me lately" on the studios/directors/etc before releasing their reviews.
                          -Chuck

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"