X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

Charlie Wilson's War

I have to give this best picture of the year. At least, of the ones I went to see. Well written, very good direction, and amusing.
    Last edited by Bob; 22 December 2007, 16:49 Saturday. Reason: Incomplete title
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Great cast and very interesting story. I am looking forward to it.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Bob
      • Jul 2000

I have noticed from your postings, George, that we like similar films. I know you would like this.

Also, I see that on the History channel there is going to be a documentary on Charlie Wilson and the events depicted in the film. From the brief preview, it looks like the film may have pretty much captured the flavor of the events.

I usually don't put much creedance in any Hollywood movie that is based on a true story. Mostly because they loosely use the words "based on" to show some agenda.

I didn't get that feeling when I saw this film. Unless, the agenda was to make you laugh at how a playboy congressman stumbled his way through some very complex issues that literally changed Russian history and it's place in the world.

I would like to think that this film is more like "Black Hawk Down" a true docudrama without any particular political slant. Just a stating of the events.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Our History channel carries different content in Canada, but I will keep an eye out for the documentary just in case they carry it here. Yes, we do seem to enjoy similar films, Bob, and like you I find myself a little leery when watching films based on true events, but if Charlie's War is handled similar to the way they handled Blackhawk Down, I am sure to enjoy it.

Talking about Blackhawk Down, this is one of the few movies I have seen at the cinema, and after adding it to my dvd collection, I have watched it four times and each viewing is just as gut-grabbing as the first.
        My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"