X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Sopranos

Hello All,

Anyone been watching this series the past few years? Hopefully it has the "6 FEET UNDER" ending. Showing what happens to everyone in the future. My prediction: "MEADOW SOPRANO" taking over the family business.
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • gross30
    • Jun 2005

Have been watching since day one, and have all the yearly sets. It is a great series, and also I am thinking on the same lines as yourself with Meadow Soprano in the drivers seat for the Jersey side of the business !!!

Comment

• H.Donald
      • Aug 2004

Well we know it ain't gonna be A.J...what a Wuss!!!

I am happy it is ending,it seems to have run it's course.The show has not been the same since...what was it?season 3,when Ralphie beat the stripper to death.
      They really toned it down after taking some heat.

Comment

• Club1820
        • Jan 2006

Must say though, since Adrianna went for a drive in the woods, its been pretty good. These last couple of episodes this season - Wow!
        Rotel 1068, Rotel 1060, Rotel 1055, Rotel 1095, Rotel 956, Rotel RLC-1040, M&K VX-860 Sub, Whatmough M30s, Squeezebox 3

Comment

• H.Donald
          • Aug 2004

What an anti-climatic ending which left me totally unfufilled...good riddance.
          But...you know they will be back with the big movie in a couple of years.

Comment

• june
            • Feb 2005

Very "FRACKIN" dissapointed!!!!! Much foreplay, no orgasim!!!!!!!!!!
            June
            "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• Gremal
              • Apr 2007

I thought the ending was brilliant. The last image, of Tony's face, was seen just as the words "don't stop" were sung on the jukebox. The episode was littered with references to mortality -- life, death, even the apocalypse in a poem by Yeats. There were many flashes of brilliance in that episode. It may have been satisfying to see exactly how the characters end up--and in the hands of a lesser producer we would have--but this way the Soprano family ends up suspended in some mythological status where they belong. And it allows viewers to interpret the ending however they want. Did Chase just spare us from witnessing a disgusting bloodbath or did the Sopranos live on for years into old age? I personally think they were all assassinated. And I'm glad it wasn't shown. Don't stop believing.
              Integrated 7.1 HT and Two-Channel System
              Pioneer KRP-600M | VAC Phi Beta 110i | to be determined front end
              B&W 802D | B&W HTM1D | B&W ASW-825 | B&W N805 | B&W SCM1
              VPI Scout | Oppo BDP-95 | Tivo Series 3 | Integra DTC-9.8
              Audio Refinement Multi-5 | PS Audio Premier | Goertz and Electra Glide cables

Comment

• Alaric
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Jan 2006

I think it was brilliant from a commercial perspective. We now have the opening for the feature length film or two "grand finale".
                Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                Schiit Modi 3
                Marantz CD5005
                Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Gump
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Gremal
                  I thought the ending was brilliant. The last image, of Tony's face, was seen just as the words "don't stop" were sung on the jukebox. The episode was littered with references to mortality -- life, death, even the apocalypse in a poem by Yeats. There were many flashes of brilliance in that episode. It may have been satisfying to see exactly how the characters end up--and in the hands of a lesser producer we would have--but this way the Soprano family ends up suspended in some mythological status where they belong. And it allows viewers to interpret the ending however they want. Did Chase just spare us from witnessing a disgusting bloodbath or did the Sopranos live on for years into old age? I personally think they were all assassinated. And I'm glad it wasn't shown. Don't stop believing.

I think you're right, Gremal.
                  It would have been much simpler for Chase to either "knock off" Tony or send him to prison, he would have taken a lot less heat that way. It would have been the easy way out, but Chase is smart enough to know that no matter how he ended it there would have been plenty of criticism and dissatisfied fans.

So he decided to let the viewer come up with his/her own ending. It was a brilliant and brazen move on his part.

When the camera pans in on Tony's face and we watch him look up as he hears the restaurant door open----we the viewer can have anyone we want coming through that door. The assumption is that it was Meadow because we see her running up to the Diner just prior to the close up on Tony. But, who knows for sure? Put a hitman there, a FBI arrest team, Meadow or whomever you'd like.

The only thing we know for sure is that Meadow needs some training and instruction on how to parallel park... :lol:

I choose to believe Meadow came through that door and they all had a nice dinner together and went home safe and sound...Chase's testamant to the family unit that with all the craziness in their lives the last thing we remember about the Sopronos is them together as a family.

Call me a sucker for a happy ending...

Comment

• RebelMan
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Mar 2005

I look forward to when the entire series ends up on Blu-ray someday.
                    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Gremal
                      • Apr 2007

I bought season 6 on blu-ray and will be first in line for any other seasons HBO cares to produce that way (hopefully all of 'em).

Originally posted by Gump
                      I choose to believe Meadow came through that door and they all had a nice dinner together and went home safe and sound...Chase's testamant to the family unit that with all the craziness in their lives the last thing we remember about the Sopronos is them together as a family.
                      Call me a sucker for a happy ending...
                      Agreed. Not only is that a viable interpretation, but even if you interpret it as fulfilling Bobby and Tony's earlier conversation about not knowing you were being hit until "everything goes black", it would still be far more tasteful to cut to black than to show Tony slaughtered in front of/along with his family. That would be sacreligious, even for a show with graphic violence in every episode.

On another note, the location of that "last supper" was very strange and new. We never saw that diner before. Kudos to Chase for not putting them in Visuvios where the scene would have been too nostalgic, especially with AJ's reference to the last episode of the first season, reminding Tony that he had told them to always remember the good times as they took shelter from the storm in Artie's restaurant during the blackout.

Comment

• Gump
                        • Sep 2005

I forgot about that "everything goes black" line, hmmmmm....now you've got me wondering.

Comment

• Gremal
                          • Apr 2007

Well, there's no answer. Even assuming there was a hit in the restaurant, we don't know what happened. Tony has survived two assassination attempts and he could survive another.

Even when T was in a coma, the show managed to be innovative and entertaining. Remember how the voices of his family pulled him back from going into that house in his alternate consciousness, while Buscemi was trying to take his briefcase? Good stuff. I really hope they do a movie to show what happens in that diner, and the aftermath.

Comment

• Gump
                            • Sep 2005

me too!!

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"