X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gremal
    • Apr 2007

Sopranos withdrawals

It's almost that time again when new Sopranos episodes would air for the first time, and I am just so bummed that the series has ended. There is nothing on TV that comes close in terms of the acting, writing and balance of family/soap/sitcom nods and crime/drama themes. Falco deserves a lifetime achievement award just for her performance as Carm.

The show was a high water mark for TV. How will I live without it?

Integrated 7.1 HT and Two-Channel System
    Pioneer KRP-600M | VAC Phi Beta 110i | to be determined front end
    B&W 802D | B&W HTM1D | B&W ASW-825 | B&W N805 | B&W SCM1
    VPI Scout | Oppo BDP-95 | Tivo Series 3 | Integra DTC-9.8
    Audio Refinement Multi-5 | PS Audio Premier | Goertz and Electra Glide cables
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Just saw this post! I have the first five seasons , and will have #6. I agree about Edie Falco. I'm not usually a fan of blondes , but she manages to bump the blood pressure up a point or two. Very good character structure , and her other structure ain't too shabby , either.
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• H.Donald
      • Aug 2004

I would suggest renting the Wire.Of the two shows,the Wire was by far my favorite.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Yeah... only problem is, I Netflixed Season 1 of the Wire, which took me 5 rentals or something... thought it was decent, up until the end where it suddenly got VERY good. I want to continue on, but there's something like 6 seasons out, now... at 4-5 discs each, or whatever that is, that's a LOT of renting, to get caught up.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• H.Donald
          • Aug 2004

As it went on,it did get better and better...
          I felt season one and two were both very good...with season two's focus being on the docks of Baltimore.
          Season three was great,but season four which focused on the educational system of Baltimore was simply the finest bit of TV show making of any show ever.
          Perhaps it touched me more because some of the central characters were my son's age.
          And there,but for the grace of God....
          The final season was also excellent and wrapped things up without being tidy.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"