• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alloroc
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

Studio 60

Hi,

Anyone watching this show? I know it's come in for some mixed reviews since its launch but I have to admit, I think it's pretty good.

There's no doubt it maintains that West Wing sense about it - with similarly snappy dialogue and powerful characters.

There's talk of it being cancelled and perhaps it already had, but I think that might be a shame as there is a good show in there.

V.
    Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

I was watching it (via DVR). It was pretty good, but not great. I believe I heard that it has been cancelled already, replaced by the "Black Donnellys."
    Brad

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Yeah I was REALLY enjoying it and had heard rumours... It's lack of air time over the last month or so has me thinking it's gone Unless it's just in it's mid season break like many shows....? It's still listed as airing Mondays 10/9C on NBC's web page..... though I can't seem to find anything saying when it's back on :scratchhead:
      Jason

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Sorry guys, but yes it's been dropped. I guess it didn't lower itself down to the lowest common denominator - I mean jeez, it was witty, intelligent, well-acted and took well-aimed shots at politics, bureaucracy and society in general. Why on earth did you think it would last? :nonod:

. . . okay, I've turned the sarcasm switch off now . . .

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

Damn. So it's official now then?
          Jason

Comment

• P-Dub
            Office Moderator
            • Aug 2000

This really sucks. I really liked this show. I wonder if they will release a DVD with some of the unaired episodes?

So did they ever get the animals out? That's what I want to know!
            Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• aud19
              Twin Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2003

Going through my channel guide and there's a new episode on Thursday night! :banana:

Don't know if this means there's still hope or that they just charitably decided to at least finish the season but at least we aren't left completely hanging!
              Jason

Comment

• P-Dub
                Office Moderator
                • Aug 2000

Thanks for the heads up. I would have totally missed this one.
                Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• P-Dub
                  Office Moderator
                  • Aug 2000

Ohh, looks like a new episode:

The show goes haywire when the propmasters and cue-card workers stage a last-minute wildcat strike.
                  Paul

Comment

• Blindamood
                    • Sep 2003

I still have my DVR set up to record "all new episodes" of this show. So, hopefully it will come through! Maybe they're using leftover episodes to fill the void left by other shows for the summer season...?
                    Brad

Comment

• Ovation
                      Super Senior Member
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Blindamood
                      I still have my DVR set up to record "all new episodes" of this show. So, hopefully it will come through! Maybe they're using leftover episodes to fill the void left by other shows for the summer season...?
                      That's exactly it. And, better double check your DVR. Mine is hit or miss when it comes to shows that have been gone a while.

Comment

• Blindamood
                        • Sep 2003

Got it! :W
                        Brad

Comment

• Foxman
                          • Jan 2003

What was the deal with all three main characters not being in this one. Until I saw previews for the next show, I assumed they refused to do this one especially at the end of the show when whats his name said "And were out"

Then they follow that with previews for next week?

I went ahead and reset our DVR to catch it, but it was weird to watch this one. It was like it picked up in the middle of something and we didnt know what was going on. This big double date to Hawaii, this annual screwup show, a bomb threat, no main characters.....strange episode.
                          IMO

My Movies
                          Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• Ovation
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Foxman
                            What was the deal with all three main characters not being in this one. Until I saw previews for the next show, I assumed they refused to do this one especially at the end of the show when whats his name said "And were out"

Then they follow that with previews for next week?

I went ahead and reset our DVR to catch it, but it was weird to watch this one. It was like it picked up in the middle of something and we didnt know what was going on. This big double date to Hawaii, this annual screwup show, a bomb threat, no main characters.....strange episode.
                            I agree. It's like there were 2-3 missing episodes in between. Who knows? They're probably squeezing in plotlines to wrap up the series. I don't think all the eps were in the can when they went on hiatus.

Comment

• P-Dub
                              Office Moderator
                              • Aug 2000

My take is that it was one of those supporting character development shows. Still enjoyable, but sad that it will end.
                              Paul

Comment

• Foxman
                                • Jan 2003

So, anyone think Jordan is going to pass away while in the hospital or was that comment just something to throw us all off?

Also, the lawyer has sure made a place for herself at the studio. Personaly I thought this last show was pretty funny stuff and I am still amazed the show was canned.....or is that just a rumor?
                                IMO

My Movies
                                Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• aud19
                                  Twin Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Foxman
                                  So, anyone think Jordan is going to pass away while in the hospital or was that comment just something to throw us all off?

Also, the lawyer has sure made a place for herself at the studio. Personaly I thought this last show was pretty funny stuff and I am still amazed the show was canned.....or is that just a rumor?
                                  At the very least it's on life support...
                                  Jason

Comment

• P-Dub
                                    Office Moderator
                                    • Aug 2000

I don't think it's looking good for Jordan. Still a great show. Maybe it will be back as a mid season?
                                    Paul

Comment

• Ovation
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • Sep 2004

I don't think it will be back, sadly.

Comment

• Lex
                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Apr 2001

networks outlook now is, blockbuster or reality TV, there's not much room for in the middle, sadly.

Those idiots actually have a show on this summer about singing the words of songs, and then their's shaq's kid's fat camp. While it may have a redeeming value, I hate to see kids exploited like this for ratings.

Sorry, off topic.
                                        Doug
                                        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Ovation
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Paul Wu
                                          I don't think it's looking good for Jordan. Still a great show. Maybe it will be back as a mid season?
                                          Watched this past Thursday's episode and it felt like a series finale. Went to NBC.com and confirmed it. The episode is listed as a SERIES, not SEASON, finale. Ah well. It was pretty evident the way the last four episodes were tied together and the shift in tone where Sorkin let loose with more overtly political themes. The last four episodes felt a lot more like The West Wing than the rest of the show.

Comment

• P-Dub
                                            Office Moderator
                                            • Aug 2000

Well, I'm a bit behind, but the last episode was just a nicely bow tied end of series present. Everything is resolved, nobody died, nobody is in a comma, and the day just moves on. It was good while it lasted.
                                            Paul

Comment

• Ovation
                                              Super Senior Member
                                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Paul Wu
                                              Well, I'm a bit behind, but the last episode was just a nicely bow tied end of series present. Everything is resolved, nobody died, nobody is in a comma, and the day just moves on. It was good while it lasted.
                                              Agreed.

Comment

• Alloroc
                                                Super Senior Member
                                                • Dec 2005

Yeah, saw the finale myself last week. Shame really. I really quite enjoyed the show. I felt that the characters were only beginning to open up and that there was a whole new level of complexity there to be explored.

Shaq's fat camp? Did the whole Dutch Kidney reality show fake not teach the world anything? Well obviously not.

Over here we've had :

'I WANT YOUR CHILD AND NOTHING ELSE' - search for a sperm doner.

'LAPDANCE ISLAND' and 'THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MIRIAM' (a trassexual(she's fool anyone in fairness)).
                                                Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

Working...
                                                Searching...Please wait.
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                Search Result for "|||"