X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gump
    • Sep 2005

Survivor

I know, this reality show's concept is getting a bit old but my wife forces me to watch it.

Anyway, this season has a bit of an interesting, and perhaps controversial, twist---all of the 4 tribes are divided up along racial lines. White, Black, Asian, and Hispanic, pitted against each other.

Kinda piques your interest in an unsavory sort of way.... 8O
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

I think the whole things silly actually. They're still a bunch of people with varying personalities and backgrounds who have to work together as a team to succed while also backstabbing eachother...Doesn't really matter how you split them up IMO. Now if they did some psych/personality profiling before hand and put them in those groups, THAT would be interesting and make a difference. For instance right now there's likely more similarity between the older, male, asian hippie and the younger, female, white hippie than with anyone on either of their teams/races :lol:
    Jason

Comment

• Gump
      • Sep 2005

I couldn't agree with you more, Jason.
      But, it's still interesting from a sociological stand point how some of the tribes members are already making statements rationalizing why they think they're tribe will have an edge based on, among other things, they're perception of racial/ethnic advantages in that environment.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"