X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

How Is Invincible?

Has anyone checked this film out? Rotten Tomatoes has it at 70% Fresh. It's the sort-of-true-to-life story of a "neighborhood guy" that tried out for the Philadelphia Eagles and made it.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I love football films so I will see this for sure, but probably not until it comes to dvd, at which time I will probably buy it. I've seen the promo spots and it looks pretty good to me.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

At first I thought you were talking about the M. Night Shamalan/Jackson movie. Wasn't great.

Yeah, now that you mention it, I've seen the ads for this, and they look good.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• dyazdani
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

Yep, that's "Unbreakable" - I've seen the previews for "Invincible" but I'm not a big football fan (The Waterboy aside, of course )
        Danish

Comment

• spirited
          • Jan 2005

Yes it's made by Disney, which means a happy ending. However, it was entertaining and a little inspiring.

Comment

• Armand
            • Nov 2005

It's a good movie but I'm biased. I grew up in the neighborhoods they filmed in and remember the whole Papale phenomenon, so I had to see it ASAP and on the big screen. It's a solid 3 star flick and that seems to be the consensus of the critics.

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

My relatives are visiting right now for Christmas, and rented it for us to watch tonight. Was VERY good. made it that much more enjoyable that it was a true story, and I enjoyed the featurette on it about the "making of" and showing the real Papale. What a story, I had never heard that one before. I'll give it a :45: out of :5:
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"