X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Rock Star (Supernova)

Anyone watching? I can't say I'm a big heavier metal type guy, but I still find the show interesting (and Brooke Burke delicious :-) )

They had a girl do an encore last night, wow, she was an animal, haha. Not sure what kind of stuff she was into, but it must have been good, lol.

For my taste, of the 3 they cut last night, I think they cut the only one with any true vocal talent. Go figure. Based on song choice? Come on, then choose what he needs to sing, but cutting him on the basis of song choice was so lame when he did a good job with the song. (Duran Duran song)
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Yeah I watched this last night based off of a coworkers reccomendation. I was pleased it wasn't nearly as bad/cheesy as I worried it might be (don't get me wrong, it's no Shakespeare :lol: ) but it was decently entertaining and I agree Brooke's pretty easy on the eyes :W Should get better as the weaker contestants get booted and the performances get better/more frequent too.

As for the guy getting booted because of song choice, I've got to agree with them there. For two shows they've beaten the contestants over the head with how important song choice is......so.... I do agree with him singing the best though but let me put it this way...

A Ferrari V-12 makes great noises and is a sweet engine but wouldn't come close to fitting under the hood of my Civic. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit, no matter how nice it is

I figured it was between him (good singing but bad song choice and unimpressive stage presence IMO) or the first guy, (who just can't sing IMO).
    Jason

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

I've been catching the odd episode here and there (not much else on anyway) Anyway, it seems the "thinning of the herd" is working after watching last night's episode. All but a couple of the performances were quite good and the 5-6 front runners have really stepped it up now. It's almost actually worth watching on a regular basis now, and not just to see what Brooke's wearing :P
      Jason

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

I keep tuning in late, and only catching a couple of performances a night. Well, at least I get to see Brooke a little :B

Weird hair guy blew the guys away with his performance the other night. I saw that one. He's a bit to flaky for my taste, but they seem to like him. Black hair, white streak, black looking eyes.

Doug
        Doug

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

THANK GOODNESS Lucas won!!! :T Good Canadian kid :T :T
          Jason

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

well, they wanted a freak show, as it came down to Delana or him, and I think they didn't want to be a "chick's band" as much as they may have liked Delana, so Lucas was the guy. Now, I never have to watch them again, lol. (Not my type music anyway), I just enjoy the process of elimination.
            Doug

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"