This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolyasm
    • Dec 2004

Saw it yesterday. One of the best things of the movie is the girl in the picture above. Wow! CGI was very good, but as stated previously, they moved the camera shots too quickly to get a good view of the battle scenes. The only time you really saw the autobots fighting was when it went to slow motion, then it was kind of cool. Otherwise, it just looked like a bunch of scrap metal rolling into buildings.
    I thought the humor was fine. Ya, the chapter 7 dude overacted, but come on, this is Transformers. If you are geeky enough to want to see a movie of a cartoon from when you where 10 ( I know I am) then some kid humor and Autobot antics are fine. It was a little cheesy when O.Prime was giving his "lets give em hell" speeches, but overall, I would give the movie a 7/10. For making a movie that kids could watch but adults would also like, I think it was well done. If they had made it more "adult" in nature, it could have gone very far. A little more in-depth in the individual autobots, some better one-on-one detailed fight scenes and this movie would be better. And the bass rocked.
    Roly

Comment

• will1066
      • Aug 2003

I thought it was good, not great. Sithlord and Rolyasm are right about the crazy-fast editing and blurred action. Your eyes will be going crazy trying to keep up. I suggest getting there early and snagging a seat toward the back of the theater, or you will get dizzy. The effects are freaking incredible and photorealistic. Like Sithlord says, the bar has been raised, though from the trailer, I Am Legend might equal it. And then there's that other trailer before Transformers that was incredible and had everybody in the theater in a buzz. I tracked the movie down, and it doesn't even have a title yet, except that it's been dubbed Cloverfield, and it's some kind of giant monster attacking New York City.

Comment

• Foxman
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by will1066
        I tracked the movie down, and it doesn't even have a title yet, except that it's been dubbed Cloverfield, and it's some kind of giant monster attacking New York City.
        We had that trailer also. It had a Godzilla type of feel to it, but you never see the monster. I like how they did it with the party and the hand held camera.

As far as Transformers goes, I thought it Rocked! Megan Fox is...well a FOX for sure.

The only thing negative that hit me during the movie (I don't go in with a critical eye generally) was that it was hard to tell what exactly was going on during the fight scenes between the bots because of the blurred or too close camera or computer editing. The scenes during the first attack on the base was pretty cool and I liked the slow motion stuff but the blurred stuff did bug me a little.

I vote the camero the best actor and Mrs. Fox the best actress because both of them are beautiful.
        IMO

My Movies
        Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• Russ L
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Race Car Driver
          megan fox.....
          Nice tatoo...if your name is Brian!
          Russ

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I could always change my name.

Hopeful in Washington. . . . :B

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• june
              • Feb 2005

Hello All,

This is my favorite movie of the year so far. FRACKIN loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Live Free or Die Hard is second
              Spiderman 3 my third
              June
              "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Oh, is that what the tattoo says? Sorry, when I was looking in that area, I got... distracted.
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

• bamaredwingsfan
                  • Dec 2004

Loved it, can't wait to get the DVD. I just wonder why the guy that did megatron's voice didn't reprise his role? Anyone know? Hopefully there will be a sequal, i know i would like to see more of the other transformers in action.
                  Quotes from
                  The Matrix Reloaded

Merovingian: I love French wine, like I the French language. I have sampled every language, French is my favorite. Fantastic language. Especially to curse with. Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère. It's like wiping your ass with silk. I love it.

http://www.myspace.com/bamaredwingsfan19

Comment

• Lewing
                    • Oct 2004

I just came back from the theater... man this movie rocks big time! I dont care what other people say about the director, i dont care what other people think about it... for me, this gotta be one of the most stunning sci fi movie ever made, and certainly the best and most entertaining movie this year, period! The dvd is a must have when it being release, and i really pray it will include DTS format in it!
                    Live to Eat, Live to enjoy Music :T

http://community.webshots.com/user/lewing79

Comment

• John Holmes
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

I saw it on the 4th. My daughter and I really enjoyed it. My wife was out of town at the time. But now she has returned and she wants to see it so, my daughter and I get a chance to enjoy it again!!! :lol:

Seriously, I had very few issues with the film. But I have to agree that, it did get a little blurred during the big fight sequences in the city. I thought that it was more to do with my vision but, I now see that I wasn't the only one with this feeling.

What they can do in CGI today is nothing short of amazing. I'll be the first to admit, I had my doubts that the Transformers could be brought to live action with satisfaction. I'm glad that I was wrong. The detail given to the robots and their transformations was extremely well done. I even enjoyed the parts of the film when the robots were off screen. Which is where I felt the movie could really fall apart. however, it was funny and entertaining through out.

The only question that I have...How does Jon Voight make it into all these films? :lol:
                      Last edited by John Holmes; 07 July 2007, 23:39 Saturday.
                      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• audioqueso
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Nov 2004

Just came back from the theaters. This movie rocked!!! I haven't enjoyed a pure action movie this much in a long time. It was really good!

The theater I went to (Regal Cinemas) kind of ruined it for me though. The sound was very muddy. I guess that's the disadvantage of being used to a really good audio system, huh? Regardless, the surround sound was great. Equally matching the visual effects. I agree that the fight scene had a lot of fast moving camera shots, but I feel it fit the movie style. It was a very solid movie. Funny too.

My only gripe... they took enough time to match Optimus Prime's voice, why didn't they do the same for Starscream. I remember Starscream having a very distinct, high pitched, screamy voice. He sounded like all the other robots, regular. And question for those that watched it... did Megatron look like a gun??? I couldn't tell.

Great movie though!!! Go watch it. And DEFINITELY buy it when it comes out.
                        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• 77engineer
                          • Mar 2003

I agree I thought it was absolutely great. One of the few movies I watched in a long time where I forgot I was sitting in uncomfortable theater chairs. Can't wait until it comes out on DVD.

Comment

• cobbpa
                            • Apr 2005

Agree with the last several reviews. I don't go to the theater often, but this one might be worth another trip. I haven't enjoyed a movie as much as this in a long time. I felt the same about most of the fight scenes; when they finally used some wide shots in the final battle, it became a lot more interesting than just seeing pieces of robots entangled with each other. I think that quick-moving, choppy filming of fight scenes is becoming an annoying trend. Regardless..great flick, definitely a DVD that I expect to be demo quality, especially for bass.

Comment

• Hdale85
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Jan 2006

Went and saw it thursday and I agree! Best movie I've seen in a very long time. Will probably go see it again at Carmike as they have DLP and much better sound then the theater I went to.

Comment

• audioqueso
                                Super Senior Member
                                • Nov 2004

People who haven't watched it... (twilight music)... goooooo watcchhhhh it.
                                I'm surprised so many people have said the same thing...

"I haven't enjoyed a movie this much in a long time".

Comment

• bamaredwingsfan
                                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by audioqueso
                                  Just came back from the theaters. This movie rocked!!! I haven't enjoyed a pure action movie this much in a long time. It was really good!

The theater I went to (Regal Cinemas) kind of ruined it for me though. The sound was very muddy. I guess that's the disadvantage of being used to a really good audio system, huh? Regardless, the surround sound was great. Equally matching the visual effects. I agree that the fight scene had a lot of fast moving camera shots, but I feel it fit the movie style. It was a very solid movie. Funny too.

My only gripe... they took enough time to match Optimus Prime's voice, why didn't they do the same for Starscream. I remember Starscream having a very distinct, high pitched, screamy voice. He sounded like all the other robots, regular. And question for those that watched it... did Megatron look like a gun??? I couldn't tell.

Great movie though!!! Go watch it. And DEFINITELY buy it when it comes out.
                                  Prime voice matched because the original guy did his voice. Megatron's original voice didn't make it into the movie, but in the Transformers Xbox 360 game it is voiced by Frank Welker. Starscream's original voice Chris Latta was an American actor, voice artist and comedian, perhaps best known as the voice of the Cobra Commander on the G.I. Joe animated series and Starscream, died june 12 of 94. So they had to find someone else to do his voice.
                                  Quotes from
                                  The Matrix Reloaded

Merovingian: I love French wine, like I the French language. I have sampled every language, French is my favorite. Fantastic language. Especially to curse with. Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperie de connard d'enculé de ta mère. It's like wiping your ass with silk. I love it.

http://www.myspace.com/bamaredwingsfan19

Comment

• audioqueso
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • Nov 2004

Yeah, but Starscream didn't have a special voice. It didn't even sound like they tried to match it. And with today's technology, they could have know so very easily.

Comment

• LikeCoiledSteel
                                      • May 2004

Originally posted by audioqueso
                                      Yeah, but Starscream didn't have a special voice. It didn't even sound like they tried to match it. And with today's technology, they could have know so very easily.
                                      I have not seen the movie yet, but was a big fan of the series in the 80's as a kid. If I remember correctly, the voice of Starscream was done by the same voice actor as Cobra Commander in GI Joe. A very distinct voice and would have been nice in the movie.
                                      Steel

Comment

• Alloroc
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • Dec 2005

Transformers fans - you'll like this...

Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
                                          Super Senior Member
                                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Alloroc
                                          Transformers fans - you'll like this...

http://mcsweeneys.net/2007/7/9weaver.html
                                          :lol: :T
                                          B&W

Comment

• audioqueso
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • Nov 2004

Oh man... I'm tearing from laughing so hard. That was great!

Comment

Working...
                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                            Search Result for "|||"