X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlashJim
    • Apr 2006

Jurassic Park IV

My kids and I watched the Jurassic Park III last night and they asked me if there would be a 4th. I told them, "probably not unless it's just for the money."

I did a search and sure enough, it goes into production later this year or 2007 with a release date in 2008. Of course, like all movies, it may fall through.
    Jim
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I have all three but none can beat the first. I do believe IMHO that the franchise has run its course and JP4 will probably bomb at the boxoffice.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

IMHO, if the writers and director decide to try following more closely the books by Michael Crichton then they could salvage something for Part IV. Possibly look at the dinosaurs spreading up Central American, etc.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Please no!!!! I hated 2 and 3. 1 was great. But it should have stopped there.
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• joetama
          • May 2006

One was really good, then two got worse then three was pretty bad... They are going to do it until they totally die like the Tremors Movies, Home Alone, or Smokey and the Bandit (which I'm sure ppl on here don't watch),until they have squeezed every last drop of blood out of it.
          -Joe

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

I read the original book by Crichton years ago, who used to be one of my favorite authors, and was ecstatic when they made a movie. It lived up to all my expectations, and I think was a landmark in film history. Huge thumbs up.

After that, I simply lost interest and didn't like what I did manage to see of 2 and 3.
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• dyazdani
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Oct 2005

The first time I saw JP2, I thought it was pretty good - but then they got back to the mainland. I was suddenly angry about the movie ticket I had purchased.

Nothing will beat the first one, IMHO
              Danish

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

I do agree with that last statement. The original was in several ways a tour-de-force and a pretty decent movie to boot, but 2 and 3 were popcorn - bad popcorn. Number 4 could be a reasonably decent flick if they don't pander to the lowest common movie-going denominator, but that IMO is a contradiction. It seems to me that the fourth movie of a series is almost always made primarily to make money and that puts the bean-counters in control. That's NOT the way to make a quality movie.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Sarahbee
                  • Jun 2005

Oh, no! That's the first I've heard of this and I have to be honest, I really really hope they don't do it. The series has gone totally downhill as the movies have gone on. The first one was good and fun, the second one was okay, and the third.... well, the third was just. Not worth mentioning. i hate when people don't know when to let the good thing go.
                  "We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"