X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

David Blain, magician or side show?

You know, I used to think he was pretty amazing, the stuff he came up with. But of late, it seems more like he's reduced himself to being a sideshow, instead of a true upper scale magician. That's my thoughts on it anyway.
    Magician
    14.29%
    Sideshow
    42.86%
    Both A and B
    14.29%
    Freak of nature
    28.57%

The poll is expired.

Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Yeah I think the guys kind of an idiot :lol: An idiot that can do amazing tricks... but still an idiot :lol:
    Jason

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

Yeah, I mean how much magic is involved in staying in a confined place be it water or air confined? It's still just a matter of endurance, not magic.

As far as holding his breath, well, he either holds it,or he dies. Again, not really magic. now if he gets out of the chains, I guess that's magic, but we all know, he will be chained in such a way that he knows how to get out, right?
      Doug

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2006

I consider him irrelevant but no human can hold his breath more than a few minutes without brain damage and/or death. I do not understand the point of this attempt as it is either a success of training or a trick. Those who care about it can decide.

Kal (who hasn't followed it but could not avoid noticing it)
        Last edited by Kal Rubinson; 08 May 2006, 17:05 Monday.
        Kal Rubinson

Comment

• audioqueso
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

I was pretty amazed by him, and thought he was really on to something. However, then Criss Angel came around doing most of David's trick and Criss Angel's trick are easy to tell it's a tv stunt. So even though it's hard to see David's tricks, Criss is kinda giving it away for him, and making it apparent that it's more of a sideshow.
          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

well, he fell short of the 9 minutes. I believe his body was to weak to even have a chance after a week in the fishbowl. Probably he would not have made it anyway, but he did pretty good at 7 minutes and something.
            Doug

Comment

• Jerm357
              • Apr 2006

Yea he did pretty good considering what his feet and hands looked like :E

Comment

• dyazdani
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Oct 2005

I didn't watch it but I did see his hands - I wouldn't have made it past that. I HATE that feeling...

7 minutes and change isn't anything to scoff at - I don't think I can go more than 1 minute.

I've never really watched him, most of what I read, at least in today's story sound more like endurance tests rather than magic tricks.
                Danish

Comment

• David Meek
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

I'm with Kal on this one. It doesn't cause much of a twitch on the Care-O-Meter.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"