X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

New Superman

I saw Superman this morning. There were still a small handfull of unfinished digital effects shots but, I saw the majority of the film.
    Looks like great film for those of you that like the DC comic movies. Much better than the Chris Reeves movie. Kevin Spacey makes a very good Lex Luther and all the effects are good plus, it is more on the dark side like the latest Batman.
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Bob
    Much better than the Chris Reeves movie.
    Careful there! Them's fight'n words :

Seriously though, it sounds like this one's going to be pretty cool and if it's a little edgier as you say, I look forward to that interpretation :T
    Jason

Comment

• Sithlord
      • Aug 2004

Hmm better than the original well it would want to be good. I have faith in the director but I think the original Superman will always have a special place in my heart. I am really looking forward to this new version and if it's like Batman Begins being on the dark side then I know I will love it.

Comment

• Kevin P
        • Aug 2000

Sounds nice, but better than the original? To me, Chris Reeves will always be Superman.

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2006

The previews I have seen and the photos on the website didn't make the movie look very promising. His suit looked almost burgundy on the picutres.

Hopefully the final product will turn out much better. I rewatch my Superman box set usually once a year.

Comment

• ahcryky
            • Feb 2006

But Kate Bosworth is a HUGE upgrade in the hotness factor for Louis Lane........

-jim

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

I heard on radio this morning that there was going to be 20 minutes of this movie shown in 3D on the big Imax screen. Certain prompters will pop up on screen to tell you when to put on your 3D glasses.

Also, has anyone noticed how much this new Superman looks like a young Christopher Reeves ?
              My Homepage!

Comment

• Leef DaLucky
                • May 2003

Certainly did, George.
                Quite the resemblance eh?

As a Supes/smallville fan i've been eagerly anticipating this one for awhile.
                I'm not quite sure how a darker mood will affect a superman story line.
                He's just so super-powerful, he really doesn't have that much to brood about.
                I mean, he's Superman.
                As for having confidence in the director, i don't know about that one either.
                I'm more a fan of Singers film choices, then his actual work.
                Any time you take on a challenge of comic->film you run the risk of seriously p'ing off a lot of fans. All, of which hold their particular character in high regard, and want you to do a seamless job. I applaud him for having enough cahones to at least try some of the stuff he's done.
                I also remember the time, that he screwed up Kal-el's name during an interview and called him Jor-el. heh heh. Maybe it was nerves, who knows? This will be the quintessential movie on how i remember Singer as a director though.
                I hope Bob is right.
                Being "in the industry", he's certainly in a good position to comment on this film's progress and he's set my mind at ease. At least a little bit.

Cheers,
                Mikey
                "...Because Good is Dumb...!"
                -Dark Helmet

Comment

• Bob
                  • Jul 2000

I hope Bob is right.
                  I'm not a fan of the comic book movies, other than Sin City. So, my saying it is better than the older Superman movies doesn't mean much. Since I thought they were all boring, Spiderman and X-Men included.
                  I enjoyed looking at the work in progress because I know some of the people that worked on it and thought it looked good from a technical point of veiw. To be quite honest I wasn't impressed with the actor that plays Superman, good in the action stuff, mediocre when any real acting was required. And, when I say it is darker, I mean the look of the film, not the story. The story is what it is. Baby sent from outerspace, raised by farmers, goes to big city and fights crime.
                  I do like some of Singer's work, especially "The Usual Suspects". As a person though, well, let's just say even a short elevator ride would be to much time with him.

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

Well, I like Brian Singer's work, so I've got high hopes for this one.

I too, am not sure, though, how you can make Superman "Dark".
                    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                    - Pleasantville

Comment

• imbrod
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Bob
                      plus, it is more on the dark side like the latest Batman.
                      Is it darker than Superman 3 (when he started boozing)?
                      Movie remakes compared to original
                      http://www.movie-remakes.com

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"