X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ahcryky
    • Feb 2006

American Idol rips off version of song

I know this is shocking but one of the idols, Chris, after singing Johnny Cash's "I walk the line", was praised by the judges for not compromising his style........ only thing the band Live already did this version years ago! Hey Chris...... Ed Kowalczyk (singer from Live) wants his vocal style back!

jim
    Last edited by ahcryky; 25 March 2006, 15:04 Saturday.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

I do like Chris, his voice, and style. He is unique in the sense that other Idol contestants haven't been as hard-rock as he usually sings. But yes, I agree, there are similarities in his voice and other current rockers or those of the last decade.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• ahcryky
      • Feb 2006

This has more to with him taking credit for something that he copied. If you're going to be praised for being original then you should be original. He did the same thing with Stevie Wonders' Higher Ground, he actually thought it was Red Hot Chilli Pepper song, he copied it the same way they did the version........ original, don't think so.

-jim

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

He did give credit. He did say he was going to be doing the Red Hot Chilli Peppers version. And he stated he 'worships' Live and like their version which is why he did that one.
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• ahcryky
          • Feb 2006

Well if you watched the last idol show before his performance of his Creed song he was asked about his performance the previous week. He THEN gave credit to his copy of the Live song, after the fact that he took credit for his "original" rendition of the song when he performed it the week before. No other idol contestant was asked about their previous weeks performance. He got caught!

Comment

• audioqueso
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

I did. I just watched (I've been recording them all) it again, and he did say it was a version he heard before and liked during the video part that they play for the audience (the pre-recorded video portion that they always show for everyone before they sing). He's good, I don't really care for him, I just want to hook up with Katherine! lol Delicious.
            B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"