Aerial Acoustics discussion here.

I'll start with my new SW-12 subwoofer.

Lex
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Aerial SW-12 is an expensive if nothing else subwoofer at 4500 retail I think. This sub turned me on from the day it was introduced. I thought man, what a sub!

a 12+ inch reference driver, 400 watt amp, built in Parametric EQ, XLR and RCA inputs, a virtual plethora of adjustments and settings, many of which are seen on the front panel with a digital level indicator, as well as indicator lights for various functions. I didn't know it had that.

While I would rather support Adire Audio, our sponsor, there was an alure to get this sub. When I spotted on in Atlanta on Agon, at close to half price demo with full warranty, well, I just had to have it. I've thoroughly enjoyed my dual Shiva setup, and honestly, I am not sure the Aerial can match the combined output of the Velex. But I wanted something I could move around, especially since I am considering flipping my HT around the other way. Now, with my RPTV out, and needing to move the sub out of the way, that part sure worked out good.

The Velex takes two good people to hoist it around, not one.

Musically, I am very impressed with the Aerial sub. Tight, yet deep bass to accompany any music, whether on CDs or DVD. Someday, I will build a big Adire built in sub just for theater, maybe 4 drivers. But I also wanted an extremely musical sub to combine for music, with my latest plan of eliminating my separate pre-amp from my normal audio chain, and just using the MC-12. I gain sub support without having to use high level connections on the sub. I like that. I also eliminate the need to change out connections on my Levinson on a near daily basis. Something I really didn't like doing anyway.

Anyway, on the sub, I haven't had time to really get deep into the manual yet, and adjust to my specifications, but for now, I am very happy with this high end sub. Since I just don't have that much time or space for DIY right now, it was a good solution to quick quality bass. Though I am sure I could have approached it musically, with the right DIY design.

Some of you may not know I had the hots for Aerial before jumping into Sf. I'd never even heard one, but I loved the 10Ts, and also very much liked the speakers David bought. Had they not been out of budget, I likely would have went Aerial instead of Sf. But at 7500, at the time, they were out of range.

Now, you can pick up 10Ts used for like 2500 to 3K. Wow, what a deal. 20Ts? Grab your wallet and hang on! lol.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Okay, I've missed something here. WHEN did you pick up on a SW-12? 8O :drool:

David - HTGuide flunky
      Our "Theater"
      Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Well, let's try another Aerial question. Which Aerial Acoustics center channel speaker the CC-5 or the CC-3B matches better sonically with the 7B mains? On paper the CC-3 has similar drivers but comments I've heard from various people indicate that going with the CC-5 is a better choice. Why?

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Maybe the one with the B in the name? Seriously David, I have no idea, as I have never auditioned Aerial speakers.

Lex
          Doug

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

David, the Aerial sub was an Agon impulse buy. 2800 impulse item, lol.

Pics of the front of the sub are on my site now. It's a perty thing. Sometime I will flip it out and shoot a pic of the back side. It's quite impressive.

Doug

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"