X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Aerial Acoustics Anyone?

Waaaaay back when, I'd started a thread on Aerial Acoustics speakers (I have the 7Bs). It seems to have gone away, so I'm starting another. Anyone else out there using this brand?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Nah, we don't use them, we just clone them! :B
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• mark4x4
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by David Meek
      Waaaaay back when, I'd started a thread on Aerial Acoustics speakers (I have the 7Bs). It seems to have gone away, so I'm starting another. Anyone else out there using this brand?
      Hi David,

I thought I'd chime in. I have a pair of Aerial 10T's and they are fantastic. I have one of the latest models with all the updates and I'm using the Sound Anchor stands which make a huge difference. I'm currently looking for an Aerial CC3B center channel to complete my home theater. The 10T's need lots of power, more the better. I'm currently using an Aragon 8008 MKII, which puts out 200 wpc @ 8 ohms, 26 watts class A. I'm considering getting the Aragon Palladiums 1K mono blocks which puts out 400 wpc @ 8 ohms, 125 watts class A.

The 10T in my opinion has the slam of a bass reflex speaker with the openess of a panel. The mid range detail, the delicate highs, and bass to die for make this one excellent speaker. I had intended to buy the 7B's (excellent speaker)but the dealer had some 10Ts on consignment. These 10Ts were first sold in 2001 and I bought the speaker in 2004 for $2500. A deal I couldn't pass up!

Aerial has great customer service and their craftsmenship is next to none. I've auditioned many speakers and have yet to find any that I like any better in this price range. I've heard speaker that sounded a little better such as Aerial 20T, Avalon Eidolon, Wilson Watt Puppy 7 and the JM Lab Grande Utopia but the prices were out of my price range.

I've had many speakers over the years but none better than the Aerials.

Regards,
      Mark

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

$2500????? 8O That's one great deal, Mark.

I'm using the Sound Anchor stands for my 7Bs also. You did nail the one item any prospective Aerial buyer needs to know. Have power, power and more power on hand if you want to get the best out of them. That's the area in my system that needs to be upgraded the most. Unfortunately, it will be a while before that happens. Oh well, Aerials at 80% are tough to beat, regardless.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

I am sure that thread is around somewhere David. You double threader you.

Aerial SW-12 Subwoofer here. Just the low noise boys, that's all that is Aerial. However, I did have a fascination with Aerial from way back when, and the 10Ts were my former dream speakers, before I got Sonus faber Extremas. I was also closely considering 7B's at one time, the timing was just never right.

Lex
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"