X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

New Clubs Modified 8-15-03

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a new NEW deal. First person for a "group" post here saying which group they are interested in, then start discussion of it with a NEW THREAD in this forum, not here in this thread. Then, a second, third, forth person, and so on post, they post to the item thread. That means, when someone comes in, they check this thread, if the item is here, then they post to the secondary thread. If it's not here, then they post it here and create a new thread.

Sorry, I didn't make that clear at first.

Those that do well in this forum, could become a dedicated thread in the Sticky Club. Then if they do REALLY well there, could become a dedicated club. If a thread makes it to Stickyville, (play on stuckyville) and doesn't do well? It will be unstickied and allowed to fall off the board. This would happen after current discussions get "cold". Current discussion thread here is locked when introduced to Stickyville.

The long and short of my new plan is this. Any new dedicated clubs started will have shown REAL activity before becoming so. I'll eventually list all sticky threads in the text of the section so people will know to come there to discuss them.

It's up to you to decide the next club(s). Well, with board approval of course.

Thanks,
    Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

I wish to start a Mirage Speaker forum.

Any Mirage speaker owners out there?

My equipment:

Rotel RSP-1066
    Rotel RMB-1095
    Rotel RCD-1070
    Mirage OM-7 (Fronts)
    Mirage OM C-2 (Center)
    DefTech BPV (surrounds)
    Sunfire Mark IV sub

Azeke

Comment

• sdecker
      • Jun 2002

I'd love to see a Klipsch Club. How many Klipsch owners are out there?

Comment

• barona
        • Jan 2003

I'm a Klipsch owner, just recently purchased a pair of RF-7's with a RC-7 and wouldn't mind seeing a Klipsch site.

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Cool idea, Lex! I've got three new toys I'd like to see possible clubs started for:

Aerial Acoustics - loudspeakers
          Musical Fidelity - any of their stuff
          Nottingham Analog - turntables

Anyone else interested?

David - HTGuide flunky
          Our "Theater"
          Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• RogueAngel
            • Jun 2002

Gentlemen??????? :x :roll: I'm sorry but it isn't only men that visit and participate in this forum.

My equipment:
            Rotel RSX-1055
            SAE 2400L
            Berringer BFD
            Denon DP-62L turntable with Sumiko LMX cartridge
            Rotel phono pre-pre
            Rotel cassette deck
            Sony DVD
            Sony VCR
            Technics CD changer
            JVC 32" direct view TV
            Speakers are all DIY which can be seen in the gallery.

How about an Analog forum to go along with all the Home Theater forums for those of us that have combined systems for music and movies?

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

Whooops! Pardon me, I will fix that post haste-

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
              Doug

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Lex, fix what? Need an analog corner moderator?

David - HTGuide flunky
                Our "Theater"
                Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

well, we actually have Audio, which in fact is for analog and digital 2 channel. I just don't think we can support both really.

Audio is starving for posts currently, though it does see periods of good activity.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
                  Doug

Comment

• feng
                    • May 2003

I will love to see a NAD club, never meant to be a competition with Rotel, but it can get on hand in hand, and they did made a big stir in other forums. I love both products, and now own NAD t752 and Rotel RMB 1080. Very good combo for money.

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

I would have to ask for two clubs:

1. Club Parasound HALO

2. Club Klipsch

I'll start some threads on these to see who bites.

CHRIS
                      Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
                      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                      - Pleasantville

Comment

• John Holmes
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

Well, my natural choice would be for Pioneer Elite. Also M&K speakers. While THX may or may not be the "value" that it used to be, I find there are still a good bit of enthusiast that still want and enjoy building systems that are built around this philosphy and/or standard.

I would not exclude other Piooner products from this area simply because there seems to be many individuals that own their products. It would be great to have a specific place to search and share the info pretaining to them.

As for the M&K speakers; I have read of many that mated their various M&K's to Pioneer Elite. M&K's reputation speaks for it's self. So I would believe this to be a good move.

Well, here's hoping! 8)

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
                        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• John Holmes
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Aug 2000

Gentlemen??????? I'm sorry but it isn't only men that visit and participate in this forum.
                          A very valid point RougeAngel!!! I have no clue what Lex was thinking! :B

"I came here, to chew bubble gum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubble gum!!!" My DVD's
                          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• zpanky
                            • Mar 2003

How about a Club Canadian? This should cover Mirage/Paradigm/Totem/Bryston/Classe and even Anthem (although, there may not be a lot of action on that last one
                            We could implement special rules like no posting unless drinking Moosehead beer and every sentence must end with "eh" :LOL:
                            As a Canadian though, I'm still not letting you in on the secret handshake.

Comment

• Uncle Clive
                              Former Moderator
                              • Jan 2002

I think A room called "THE TWEAK SHOP" would be a great idea. this would cover any and all components, speakers, HT rooms, HTPC etc. Guide members have all kinds of ideas to make our systems sound and/or work better.

CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?
                              CLIVE

Comment

• Uncle Clive
                                Former Moderator
                                • Jan 2002

Need ideas on the following Tweaks: -

1. The best and cheapest way to control vibration on my Turntable. I am getting alot of feed back...lot of noise!!

2. Homemade remedy to repair CD scratches. I don't always take care of the CDs I play in my truck and now I'm paying for it!!!!

3. One day a student came into my kitchen at work and asked to have all our egg cartons. She said she wanted to use them in her studio as sound absortion panels. Sounded good but........
                                Any comments?

4. Line Hum and static

CLIVE

CLIVE

Comment

• David Meek
                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                  • Aug 2000

1. The best and cheapest way to control vibration on my Turntable. I am getting alot of feed back...lot of noise!!

Try this: take a large ( or several large) piece of corrugated cardboard and cut out 4 pieces that are large enough to hold your TT. Make sure that two pieces are cut running with the corrugation, and two pieces are cut running across the "grain". Set one on top of the other, alternating the grain direction of the corrugation for each layer. Set your TT on that and see if it helps reduce the vibration. The feedback may require you to replace the L/R and/or ground leads, but check the connections first.

2. Homemade remedy to repair CD scratches. I don't always take care of the CDs I play in my truck and now I'm paying for it!!!!

No help here. Sorry.

3. One day a student came into my kitchen at work and asked to have all our egg cartons. She said she wanted to use them in her studio as sound absortion panels. Sounded good but........

They would work better as diffusors than absorbers. If you've ever seen an anchoic chamber, it look like the walls are lined with the stuff.

4. Line Hum and static

Ground loop? First, check and see if your cable is on a separate ground from the "house" ground. That'd be my first guess. If so, have it moved to the house ground. If it's not that, Mondial's MAGIC box is a good remedy. Just ask Burke as he's very happy with his.

David - HTGuide flunky
                                  Our "Theater"
                                  Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

Comment

• Lex
                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                    • Apr 2001

John, nobody ever knows what Lex is thinking, including Lex most of the time. :LOL:

Some great ideas guys. Keep them coming!

Looks like Club Parasound/Halo has the inside line on the first dedicated forum at present.

Lex

Cable Guy DVD Collection
                                    Doug

Comment

• justin
                                      • Feb 2003

How about http://Earthquakesound.com/ Their amps look heavy duty. Club EarthQuake.

Jus

Jus

Taking it one day at a time. Life moves quick.
                                      Jus

Taking it one day at a time. Life moves quick.

Comment

• Danbry39
                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                        • Sep 2002

I know I'm getting here late, but I'd really like to see a club dedicated to hardware which can only be purchased online: To include products like Axiom, ACI, Outlaw, SVS, Adire, Hsu, Ascend, Rocket, Taylor, GR Research, etc. The rationale is that we can't really go out and audition these in stores, but have to either risk shipping costs for products we might not like or hope that someone offers an in-home audition. It would be nice if we could pool our ideas, impressions, and experiences with these products and compare notes so to speak.

Keith
                                        Keith

Comment

• RedStep
                                          • Sep 2002

I mighta goofed, anyway...I would like to see a club on cables. We could talk design/concept, materials, resistance/impedance etc...

RedStep
                                          We are truly a product of the decisions we make
                                          RedStep
                                          We are truly a product of the decisions we make

Comment

• Rock Dog
                                            Moderator Emeritus
                                            • Jan 2003

I agree with Azeke. A mirage forum would be nice. BUT... A
                                            Speaker Club would be a tough sell due to the fact that there are Soooo many makes, models and brands.

Here is my suggestion to expound on Azeke's request

How about a 3 speaker clubs? HERE ME OUT.

1)dipolar, bipolar, omnipolar and so on. But not just companies that offer a dipole rear surround. Hell just about everyone offers those these days, even B&W has a dipole in their 600 series.

I mean OEMs whos bread and butter is this configuration. Mirage, Definitive Technology to name a couple. They and others would be the bi-di-omni-pole club. Like I said this would not include the companies who just offer a dipole surround

2) Direct firing/radiating or any other way you would describe a speakers whose drivers are on the front plain of the cabinet. This would be a much bigger club, given the shear numbers of manufacturers I know, but the thread topics would narrow down a members jumping around too much.

3) Sub-Sats. Now this could crossover from the other 2 clubs quite a bit, but would be dedicated to the Subwoofer/Satellite home theater layout. Whether it be an OEM who only does sub/sats. Or something like a dedicated system from one of the bigger OEMS. Like Polks RM series, or the Mirage Omnisat line.

Anyway, I know it's 3 clubs total. But I think breaking it down like this woul d be a much better way finding the information you are looking for.

$0.02

-Thomas-

The easiest way to find something lost around the house, is to buy a replacement.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide Off-Topic section. It's FUN!!!

-Thomas-

As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it.

Hey You! Make sure you stop by the HTguide After Midnight section. It's FUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                            😀
                                            😂
                                            🥰
                                            😘
                                            🤢
                                            😎
                                            😞
                                            😡
                                            👍
                                            👎
                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                            Search Result for "|||"