X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasvanth
    • Jun 2006

Club Arcam

Hi there,

I have decided to open the first Arcam Club as there doesn't seem to be one.
    To start the ball rolling.
    What do members think of the sound quality of Arcam amplifiers?
    Have you demoed or even own an Arcam Diva or FMJ amp, and what is your own opinion?
    Which amp is superior Arcam or Musical Fidelity when it comes down to sound quality?

Thanks

Yas
  • Pookie007
    • Apr 2006

I am considering the Arcam Diva APV700 preamp. I hope to get a chance to demo one in the next couple months. I have never heard the Arcam amps, but have been told they are worth a listen.

Comment

• Yasvanth
      • Jun 2006

Hi

Anyway keep us posted next month on what you actually think of them.

Thanks
      Yas

Comment

• Yasvanth
        • Jun 2006

Hi

I used to have a Arcam A85 & P85 amps but I sold them as there crap! Why you make you make ask. Well they are underpowered and didn't produce that big muscular sound that I have always craved for in my music. But they did have some good points fast with great detail.

But not for me sorry!
        Yas

Comment

• dts_boy
          • Jan 2004

i have, well had a fmj dv27 dvd player. great at films and music. just sold it and now lookin at its replacement - the dv139! maybe a parasound halo as i have the pro/power as well but nowhere seems to have them on demo
          Doh!

Comment

• Alloroc
            Super Senior Member
            • Dec 2005

Anyone heard any news with regard to the Arcam Solo Movie 5.1? Arcam have place the brochure up on the site in pfd. I think it'll be a huge seller and can't wait to hear it. I love the iPod dock too. Anyone know when it'll be launched and in the dealers yet?

V.
            Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• Tommy
              • Dec 2006

I have the Arcam AVR-250 receiver. Good sound for a receiver.

Comment

• Pookie007
                • Apr 2006

I auditioned the AVP700 preamp today. I was very impressed with it. I was doing a side-by-side comparison with the Anthem AVM40 and McIntosh MX119. After hearing and using the Arcam, I can't justify spending twice as much for the Anthem or 3 times for the McIntosh. I was very impressed with the sound and simple operation. Both the Anthem and McIntosh provided too many options for me. The configuration was too complicated. I want a simple great sounding unit and that is what the Arcam brings. I also noticed that when changing sources with the Mac, there is a significant delay in switching the video, also the selection knob is too sensitive. You have to be a safe cracker to select the source you want.

As for sound quality, all three units sounded great. I could hear a difference between the units, but didn't really hear anything that made one unit sound better than the others. The dealer told me the McIntosh would excel with two channel, but I have a separate system for that.

I still want to hear the Parasound Halo and Krell stuff before making a decision, but I think I have eliminated two contenders from the chase.

Comment

• Yasvanth
                  • Jun 2006

Hi Pookie!

When you auditioned the Arcam receiver at your hifi dealer, was it also matched with an Arcam DVD Player?

Do you also think that the Arcam has far better sound quality then the McIntosh?

Thanks
                  Yas

Comment

• Pookie007
                    • Apr 2006

I auditioned using a Marantz 9600 and McIntosh player. I don't think the sound of the Arcam was "better" than the Mac or Anthem. For the movies we sampled, I thought the Arcam was just as clean and full as the Mac and Anthem. There was a difference to the sound, but I couldn't qualify one as better than the other.

My opinion was without hearing a noticeable difference between the units, I couldn't justify paying 2 - 3 times the money for the other models. I also included the qualification, I wasn't interested in some of the "advanced features" available on the Mac and Anthem. I want a very simple set up for my system. I am also not running multiple zones, etc.

Comment

• kurtholz
                      • Feb 2005

I use the DV29 universal player, i am beyond happy with it, i did pair it with a benchmark dac with noticable improvement, however i switched to Bel Canto's Dac3, it is probably the most significant difference i have ever had in a single component, of course, it's a $3500 Dac, but it was well worth it, the Arcam upconverts DVD's better than anything i have seen,and it's a reasonably priced unit, DVD-A is just perfect, and CD is very strong, but, the Dac did take it to another level, or really several levels up the scale

good club, i am going to put a second system together for my office, eager to hear about Arcam's other units

Kurt

Comment

• Yasvanth
                        • Jun 2006

Hi

Does anybody own the Arcam FMJ A32 and P35 Pwr amplifiers, and if so what do they think of there sound quality?

I need some advice, as I am thinking of buying this pair in the near future.

Cheers
                        Yas

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"