X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonesy
    • Feb 2003

Rotels all around!!!

I've been scanning posts here for a while and I have to say thanks to those who post here for great information. I just recieved the last piece of the amplification puzzle via UPS today! I am now fully Rotel'ed. Over the past few months I've put together a 971, bridged mono for the center, a 991 for the mains, and just today, a 985 mkII for surrounds (and future patio speakers). And I was able to do it all from Audiogon and Ebay for a fraction of retail. Without a doubt-the best money spent on this hobby/affliction to date

So on to the next obvious stage. I am looking at the Outlaw 950 pre/pro and the Rotel 1066 (the 1098 is way out of my league). What concerns me about the 1066 is the bass management issues I've read so much about here. I don't have DVD-A or SACD for the moment, so maybe this won't be a big deal. Has anyone done any comparisons on these two products? I would be greatly interested in people's input on this.

Thanks again for being a great resource. I will be trying to post more now that I'm fully amped! :LOL:
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

All the bass management issue with the 1066 have been taken care of now with the latest software and the easy hardware fix if you do end up with DVD-A or SACD and don't want the bass redirect to occur. You've done a great job so far getting some nice Rotel amps so don't short change yourself now with anything less then the 1066

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"