1098 with Sony CD Juke & external DAC????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Britchie
    • Nov 2003

1098 with Sony CD Juke & external DAC????

Anyone have experience with a CD Jukebox and a seperate DAC? I remember from a while back Andrew mentioned the A3 24. I really love the convenience of my CD Changer (Sony CDP-cx355) but feel like all the music could be better if played with a better CD Player. I was thinking about using an external DAC. Would this make that much of a difference, or is it the bug that's got my mind working on something that will hardly be noticable?

I guess this would be called using the Sony as a transport? (please correct me if my terminology is wrong) And if so, is the Sony anygood at being a transport.

On a side note...does anyone know if the Music DSP's 1-4 on the 1098 can be changed to play only two channels? Mine play 5CH and this can be undesirable at times..but then again...I can be too

Thanks,

Brad :rofl: :rofl:

Ok Guys...I appreciate the info on the sony ES CD changer. But How about a DAC? Is it worth it or am I better off buying a new player and going through the pain of loading and naming the CD's again? ANy price comparasion and performance comparison info would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Britchie; 29 August 2004, 19:24 Sunday. Reason: Clarification
  • jimmyp58
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2003

Did you look at the Sony CDP-M555ES jukebox instead of the one you purchased? Also, Sony came out with another 'ES' line jukebox (400-disc) that plays CDs, DVDs, and SACDs. One of the moderators has it and like me (with my M555ES'), finds the DACs very, very good.
    jpiscitello@ameritech.net

Comment

• brucek
      HTG Expert
      • Aug 2000

I haven't seen any quality, high end CD juke boxes
      I can't agree...........

see http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=8564

Comment

• jimmyp58
        Super Senior Member
        • Aug 2003

Thanks for providing the link brucek. I couldn't remember where it was.

Jim

Comment

• gd
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Britchie
          But How about a DAC? Is it worth it or am I better off buying a new player and going through the pain of loading and naming the CD's again? ANy price comparasion and performance comparison info would be appreciated.
          Have you tried the 1098's DACs from the digital-out of the Sony?... you might be pleasantly surprised... your only expense might be a digital cable... and the one everybody around here has been buzzin' about is Lex's Silver: http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...silver+digital

Haven't tried it myself yet, but it's on my to-get list.

Happy listening.
          greg (gd to you)
          Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
          production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

• Blazar
            • Feb 2004

I use a sony jukebox as a "transport" and use the optical connection to the 1098.

I can safely say that the 1098's dac sounds great and I would recommend using it.

The whole point of buying a 1098 or other expensive pre-amps is for good D/A conversion.
            Blazar!
            (HTPC/Panasonic SA-XR55/B&W 802D/HTM-1/SCMS)

Comment

• jimmyp58
              Super Senior Member
              • Aug 2003

Couldn't have said it any better myself!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"