X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asalvari
    • Jun 2004

1067 bi-amping/bridging possible?

I've got somewhat stupid idea: Is it possible to set the 1067 to use 4 of its 7 amp channels for main speaker driving? This is kind of interesting setup for me, because I have no plans to get into 7 channel HT anytime soon.
    So to utilize better 1067, I would like to bridge 2 2channels and get them to drive my main speakers (or, bi-amp them)
    My intuition tells me that bi-amping should not be a problem, but how about bridging?

Also, does this setup make sense?, I meant, having such a different power setup on the front, will it change the overall system performance to worse ?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

As far as I know there's no way to tell the 1067 to send the say L/R signals to more than one amp channel, so no. You'd be better off getting the 1068/1075 as you could, with a quality splitter, split the signal from the L/R output on the 1068 and connect them two four seperate amp channels in the 1075 for bi amping purposes.

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• Bostonears
      • Mar 2004

Unfortunately, you definitely cannot redirect the amp channels in the 1067 to biamp or bridge. I wanted to use the extra two channels to power a passive subwoofer, which my dealer told me was possible. The way the dealer has suggested was by wiring the preamp outputs back in through the multi-channel inputs.

When I got it home, it became apparent that no-can-do, since routing the preamp outs into the multi-channel ins would only create a circular loop with no source. So I returned the 1067 and got the RSP1068 with RMB1066 six channel amp.

The only way you could semi-biamp the 1067 would work just for analog sources, by using the multi-zone output. The 1067 cannot deliver any digital sources to the multi-zone outs.
      Last edited by Bostonears; 16 June 2004, 12:21 Wednesday.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

I'd think you should be able to run the subs off of the additional channels if you ran the rest of the speakers as small but them as large and ran speaker level, full range signal to the sub and let it's crossover grab the bass out of the signal. As long as the sub has speaker level input for a L & R signal...

Jason
        Jason

Comment

• shadow
          • Dec 2003

You can biamp with the new Arcam AVR 300 :T

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Ahh.. What happened to the good ole days where everything had an EQ loop for every channel..

Kevin D.

Comment

• asalvari
              • Jun 2004

Well arcam avr 300 can do this!
              And of course, this is very simple feature, easy to implement and I do not understand why rotel is missing this feature.

Of course , I ordered arcam.

Rotel, do you read this?

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"