X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • htmad
    • Feb 2003

Help in setting Speaker dimension on RSP985

I am new to the Rotel world, I have recently bought a RSP985, accompanied by what in my opinion is a very poor manual. Everything is still to be connected together (I am waiting for a HT room to be made available), so I didn't go yet through the ultimate step: try and hear...

Looking at the manual I am very confused about the best way to connect the speakers. I have made a search on the forum with no result, so I would be grateful if someone can help.

I have a set of Monitor Audio Silver speakers (front: silver 5, center: Silver Centre, surround: Silver 3), plus a Velodyne CT-80 sw. It seems to me a shame not to exploit the bass capabilities of the Monitor Audio, particularly when used in stereo mode.

For this reason I was thinking to set the speakers to "large", as I expect DD and DTS to pilot the sw via the LFE channel anyway, at the cost of leaving Stereo and Surround modes without the sw support. I would have liked, in Stereo and Surround modes, to redirect frequencies under 40 Hz to the sw, but from the manual I understand it is not possible without setting the speakers to "small" and have a cutoff frequency of 80 Hz.

Reading the manual further it seems that setting the speakers to "small" redirects LFE frequencies to the sw. Now I wonder whether even DD and DTS will not get the sw support if the speakers are set to "large". After reading the posts on the forum I also wonder if the RSP985 is affected by the Bass Management problem that affects the 1066.

Can someone suggest what the best setting would be, thanks.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"