Rotel question... RA1592 - how does it stack against the Rc1590/rb1590?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joey_V
    • Jul 2005

Rotel question... RA1592 - how does it stack against the Rc1590/rb1590?

How does the new integrated stack against Rotels best?
    Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
    Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
    System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)
  • jam200
    • Jan 2009

On the amp side, it has 7 100rms outputs. I think where it will shine is in the audio/home theater area with Dobly Atmos and HDMI2.01 and HDCP 2.2.

Comment

• Joey_V
      • Jul 2005

Im confused...

I thought these are stereo amps.

Originally posted by jam200
      On the amp side, it has 7 100rms outputs. I think where it will shine is in the audio/home theater area with Dobly Atmos and HDMI2.01 and HDCP 2.2.
      Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
      Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
      System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• Mikael
        • Aug 2007

Hi they are. The Ra-1592 is an RC1590 and RB-1582MK2 in a single box. And will sound like that combo. The RC-1590/RB-1590 has quite another sound more lean and more controlled sound than the RA-1592/RC-1590-RB-1582MK2 combo.

Comment

• Patrick Butler
          • Jan 2014

Hi Joey_V,

I've done the comparison, and the RC-1590/RB-1590 stack comes out considerably ahead. While the RA-1592 is ostensibly an RC-1590 and RB-1582MKii in one chassis, doing so required a few shortcuts due to space. The RC-1590 features separate power supplies and transformers for the analog and digital sections. Due to space constraints, in the RA-1592, the analog, digital and amp sections all share the same transformer. Also the RC-1590 features discrete input switching which is lacking in the RA-1592. Lastly, the RB-1590 is a better sounding amplifier (and it happens to be more powerful) than the RB-1582mkII.

When switching from an RA-1592 over to the RC-1590/RB-1590 system, I experience a larger soundstage with more precise positioning of performers/sounds, greater clarity and improved dynamics. I haven't played these two systems for anyone who has preferred the RA-1592, although its performance is commendable for the price. Personally, I can't fit an RC-1590/RB-1590 in my home, and would be more than happy to live with an RA-1592.

Regards,

Patrick Butler
          B&W Group North America

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"