This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sakgoz79
    • Jan 2015

Hi Patrick, still no news about Rotel RSP Series Processors?

Comment

• JDH
      • Sep 2004

I was thinking the same thing, looking to update my RSP-1572 with a new RSP with latest hdmi with ATMOS etc, the RSP-1582 did not deliver on these features.

I assume a new version of the RSP-1582 and RSP-1572 must currently be in development and will soon be released with added features of the RAP-1580.

More than likely I'd buy the RSP-1572 replacement soon after available, I know Rotel have a long cycle between RSP upgrades but I didn't expect the RSP-1572 to still be a current model over 5 years since I purchased it !!!!!

JDH

Originally posted by sakgoz79
      Last edited by JDH; 21 March 2017, 06:32 Tuesday.
      Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• Patrick Butler
        • Jan 2014

Hi sakgoz79,

There is currently no news regarding new RSP processors.

Regards,

Patrick

Originally posted by sakgoz79

Comment

• jam200
          • Jan 2009

Hi Patrick:

Any news on the updated HDMI board for the RSP-1582?

Comment

• Kevin D
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Oct 2002

Patrick,

Just dug through the manual and see the speaker setup menu where you can assign what goes to what output. Footnote of 7.1.4 to 5.1 with bi-amp, some settings require external amplification.

It does not go into detail about what the modes are. Can you give a little more insight? Ie, is a 5.1.2 mode valid for using internal amplification only?

I believe you all ready said 5.1.4 with the fronts being external was not valid, bit that still would be nice.

Shipping date?

Kevin D.

Comment

• JDH
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Kevin D
              Patrick,

Just dug through the manual and see the speaker setup menu where you can assign what goes to what output. Footnote of 7.1.4 to 5.1 with bi-amp, some settings require external amplification.

It does not go into detail about what the modes are. Can you give a little more insight? Ie, is a 5.1.2 mode valid for using internal amplification only?

I believe you all ready said 5.1.4 with the fronts being external was not valid, bit that still would be nice.

Shipping date?

Kevin D.
              It would be a shame if internal amps are not assignable. There will be people that will want to atleast setup a 5.1.2 system using the internal amps. or possibly run an external amp for the mains and set it up as 5.1.4

JDH
              Bits of HT & 2ch Stuff: Rotel, Pro-ject, Oppo, Bel Canto, Elektra Audio, Benchmark, Panasonic, DSPeaker, Epson, Slim Devices, Belkin, Philips Pronto, Harmony, URC, Sennheisser, AKG, HTPC under development, KEF, Whatmough, Definitive Technology & Pardigm Signiture speakers

Comment

• frank1203
                • Apr 2006

Hey Guys, I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to say here and would appreciate some clarification. Are you saying that the RAP-1580 is not capable of allowing power both from itself (7 x 100 watts) as well as through external amplification? For example, In my existing 5.1 set up, I have 2 Rotel Amps being used right now - the RMB-1095 (5 channel) and the RB 1552 MKII (2 channel). The RMB-1095 uses 4 of its 5 channels to bi-amp my front speakers and the the remaining channel powers the center. I then use the RB 1552 to power the rears. My plan was also to use maybe 2 more channels worth of internal power from the RAP-1580 so I would basically have three power sources (2 external and 1 internal). Is it not possible to have all three power sources co-exist?

Comment

• Kevin D
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2002

All the pre outputs are hot, so you can use all the external you want. We're looking for clarification of how you can reassign the internal amplification.

From the manual it appears you can reassign the center rears to bi-amp the fronts. Hopefully you can reassign the center rears to power a pair of heights. It would be nice if you could resign the fronts for a second pair of heights.

Kevin D.

Comment

• frank1203
                    • Apr 2006

Thank you Kevin. We may be saying the same thing or maybe I am just not understanding. I understand about the external outputs being hot, but In my previous post I am also asking if we can assign at least two channels of the internal power of the RAP – 1580 in addition to the external power. So in other words I can bi amp the rear speakers using the 1580 in addition to what is already being powered by the external 2 channel amp. Can the external amps and internal power in the RAP-1580 be used at the same time?

Comment

• Kevin D
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Oct 2002

Yes. When talking about the traditional 7 speaker setup, you will be able to use the internal amps and external amps at the same time.

What's in question is the new height channels for Atmos/DTS-X. I don't believe (but waiting clarification) that you could say run front height, rear height, and center rears off internal all at the same time.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                        • Jan 2014

Hi jam200,

They are in production, and I'm awaiting news as to when they will be in North America.

Regards,

Patrick
                        B&W Group North America

Originally posted by jam200
                        Hi Patrick:

Any news on the updated HDMI board for the RSP-1582?

Comment

• Patrick Butler
                          • Jan 2014

Regarding the RAP-1580s capabilities in a 7.1.4 system- let me clarify.

There are 7 channels of amplification in the RAP-1580, and outputs for all 7.1.4 channels. You can run up to a 5.1.2 system with the internal amplification. That's your main 5 channel system, plus 1 pair of height channels. Any system with more speakers (5.1.4/7.1.2/7.1.4) will require external amplification (up to 4 additional channels.)

The RAP-1580 does not currently allow you to redirect power from one speaker to run another. In other words, if you decided you wanted a larger amp to run your main L+R, you can add a larger amp using the pre-outputs, but you can't take those 2 orphan amplifier channels in the RAP and redirect them elsewhere. Rotel is working towards adding this feature at some time in the future via a software update.

Regards,

Patrick
                          B&W Group North America

Comment

• jam200
                            • Jan 2009

Thanks for the update Patrick.

Comment

• sakgoz79
                              • Jan 2015

Actually my only disappointment about Rap 1580 is no DSD support so I dont understand why ?

Comment

• sakgoz79
                                • Jan 2015

All the pre outputs are hot, so you can use all the external you want. We're looking for clarification of how you can reassign the internal amplification.

From the manual it appears you can reassign the center rears to bi-amp the fronts. Hopefully you can reassign the center rears to power a pair of heights. It would be nice if you could resign the fronts for a second pair of heights.

Kevin D.
                                Hi Kevin, my setup is Marantz Av 7702MKII - Rotel RMB 1095 + Rotel RMB 1066 so my speaker setup is B&w 800 Series diamond 5.1 + 6 In ceiling b&w speakers so I just want to use rap 1580 internal power for 6 In ceiling speakers and I want to use rmb 1095 for main 5.1 speakers. Is it possible or not ? thanks

Comment

• Kevin D
                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                  • Oct 2002

Not at this time. Plus it only supports 4 height channels as opposed to the marantz 6.

Kevin D.

Comment

• peplogic
                                    • Nov 2016

Not at this time. Plus it only supports 4 height channels as opposed to the marantz 6.

Kevin D.
                                    Hello. I recently installed a New Rotel 1580. I have sonos connected in via optical. When ever a song ends there is a 1 -2 second gap between songs. I have the sonos settings correct. I have the crossfade set......when I connect to other speakers.....I don't have tbis problem...

Just on the sonos connected to the rotel.....I did not have this issue when I was connected with RCA.....it showed up with the optical.....is this a sonos issue or on the receiver side

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Comment

• ldgibson76
                                      • Aug 2011

Let me get this straight,.... you have the new RAP-1580 and you're experiencing a delay in the signal when switching to your Sonos device and it's connected via Toslink (Optical)? To answer your question, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's a Rotel issue!!!

Okay, if what you are experiencing is true, this is very disappointing, especially in 2017!!! I say this because you're not the only one that has complained about the delay issue. Rotel has been knowledgeable of this issue with their AVR's and SSP's for years. Read the threads in the Rotel section of HTGudie.com and you'll understand. There are plenty of inquiries about the signal delay issue. I own the RSP-1069 and I too would experience the delay when switching to a digital device that's connected via optical or HDMI. Fortunately, any HDMI connected device in my setup is primarily a video product so it's not a big deal for me. But when it comes to critical listening (CD, SACD, lossless and hi-res files), my way around the issue is connecting my audio devices via analog so like you, with that configuration, I do not experience the delay. The point is, that if I did connect my audio devices using optical or HDMI, I would be experiencing the delay.

The RAP-1580 is Rotel's newest creation which should accommodate the latest technologies and formats available today. It's hella competitive out there with a lot to choose from for much lower cost that truly accommodates the most recent technologies. Not resolving something as simple as the irritating 2-3 second delay when switching inputs is flat out poor!!!
                                      Do other AVR's and processors have a delay in signal transmission when switching inputs? No doubt, but not 2-3 second delays.

I want to upgrade my processor with another Rotel product, but if I'm going to have to wait for firmware updates after the purchase for capabilities that should have already been incorporated within the device prior to launch, then I might as well buy a mainstream (upper tier) product (Marantz, Denon, Yamaha, Pioneer, Integra, and God-forbid, Onkyo). At least I know, with those products, Atmos, DTS:X, DSD, ARC and amp assignment is a given! Even the Anthem and Arcam products offer those features as standard fare.

I know Rotel wants to put build quality and sound quality above feature set, but in today's world, feature sets are the virtue. Not to mention, many of the higher end mainstream offerings are using the best DAC's, circuit boards and power supplies available, not to mention the new codec technologies to boot, so it makes it difficult subscribe to Rotel's to higher quality mantra. Boutique manufacturers need to come correct, especially for the money they are asking for their products, the industry's most recent leading edge technologies need to be in the package.

I know I may have offended some members with my observation, but those who've followed Rotel for a long time, know exactly what I'm talking about. Patience is running thin.

I've said my piece.
                                      Last edited by ldgibson76; 18 May 2017, 23:30 Thursday.
                                      Regards,

ldgibson76
                                      My Setup
                                      The 2 Channel Within
                                      "Chance favors only the prepared mind."
                                      -Louis Pasteur

"Foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
                                      -Douglas Adams

Comment

• peplogic
                                        • Nov 2016

What I can say is a magnolia cannot troubleshoot this receiver...they did how ever hook me up with the regional rotel rep who is coming to my hoise next week to make sure it is set correctly and address any handshake issues.

Ill keep you posted...but if they cannot fix it...I'm switching out to arcam

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Comment

• lradden
                                          • Sep 2012

I wish I could disagree with you, but I can't. Your post sums up many of my experiences with Rotel processors going back to the RSP-1066 in 2002. I have three rotel ampa RMB-1095, and two RB-1050 amps and would love to have a Rotel processor, but I can't bring myself to do it again. I love Rotel amps, but their processors leave a lot to be desired, so I've switched over to Anthem over the past 6 years.

Comment

• Chericelise
                                            • Jul 2017

Hi all Iam currently using CM6 S2 and 805D3 and iam considering to combined them into a home theatre set up and iam looking at this Hotel RAP 1580 but what turns me off is the 100WPC.
                                            is 100WPC good enough for my speakers in a HT set up?

Comment

Working...
                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                            Search Result for "|||"