X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderstorm77
    • Jul 2007

Voltage conversion RB1070

Hi

Does anyone have the simple instructions for changing the voltage on an RB1070 from 110V to 230V?

Thanks!
  • Tom Caines
    • Sep 2000

The User Manual states:
    "Note: Should you move your RB-1070 amplifier to another country, it is possible to reconfigure your amplifier for use on a different line voltage. Do not attempt to perform this conversion yourself. Opening the enclosure of the RB-1070 exposes you to dangerous voltages. Consult a qualified service person or the Rotel factory service department for information."

Rotel will email the Service Manual to you at no charge. From there, a few jumpers and transformer wire changes (perhaps a fuse change) will complete the conversion.
    Tom Caines

Display: TC-P50ST30-50-Inch Plasma
    Receiver: Rotel RSX-1056
    DVD: Sony BDP-S580 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
    Phono Preamp: Rotel RQ-970BX
    Speakers: Vandersteen: (4) 1C's, (1) VCC-1
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39PC-Plus
    Additional Sub: Aura Shakers (2) Bolted under sofa
    Speaker Cable: KimberKable PB4
    Interconnects: Monster, Better Cable, Radio Shack Gold
    Toslink: Cables To Go SonicWave Glass
    Remote Control: Radio Shack 15-1995 Custom Programmed
    Rack: Salamander Archetype A5

Comment

• thunderstorm77
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Tom Caines
      The User Manual states:
      "Note: Should you move your RB-1070 amplifier to another country, it is possible to reconfigure your amplifier for use on a different line voltage. Do not attempt to perform this conversion yourself. Opening the enclosure of the RB-1070 exposes you to dangerous voltages. Consult a qualified service person or the Rotel factory service department for information."

Rotel will email the Service Manual to you at no charge. From there, a few jumpers and transformer wire changes (perhaps a fuse change) will complete the conversion.

Thanks, they sent me the service manual. I know from before that this is fairly simple, I would just like to know what color wires I need to change. I have not opened the case yet, but it may be self explanatory. It would be nice to hear someone's experience though.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"