X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aquarius
    • Oct 2008

Service Manual Wanted

I'm trying to get Service manual for CAP-2100. Does anybody know how to get it?

Or...

Does anybody know how to enter Service mod of CAP-2100?

Thank you very much for your answers.
    Last edited by Aquarius; 22 October 2008, 03:58 Wednesday.
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

Classé is not going to release service manuals for current products to the general public, so don't hold your breath. They will only give out service information for legacy models, and even then, they include a disclaimer that the information is for use by their technicians only.

Comment

• Aquarius
      • Oct 2008

Well, to be honest, I don't have attention to build or repair Classe amp by myself. For this second matter there is no need after all. CAP-2100 works perfectly.

But, if preamp section of Classe gear offer statistic about unit usage, such as total time of use, period spent in clipping (if there was any, one or more), protection switching (and reason for that), etc., wouldn't be nice to have pass to such things?

To my knoledge, the only way to enter the Service mod with all of these information is through Service manual. That's the only reason why I'm looking for it.

BTW... I like Phase Linear in your avatar. Classic beast!

Comment

• Glen B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jul 2004

Try contacting customer service in Canada directly, explain what you're looking to do and see if they will provide you with the information you need. So you like the Phase huh ? Its used for HT fronts and secondary 2-channel listening. I've upgraded its input and output connectors and added output DC protection/delay circuitry, since the 400s and 400 Series 2s did not come with that feature.

Last edited by Glen B; 16 October 2008, 00:15 Thursday.

Comment

• Aquarius
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Glen B
          Try contacting customer service in Canada directly, explain what you're looking to do and see if they will provide you with the information you need.
          O.K., I'll do that. Thanks.

It's little hard to believe that no one in this Club never wanted to check his Calsse stuff. Classe provide fantastic feature in their amps, preamps, etc., unfortunatly, reserved only for technicans. To bad.

Originally posted by Glen B
          So you like the Phase huh ?
          Well, I sure do. This is one of those timeless vintage piece of audio equipment along with, for example, Sequerra Model 1 or Nakamichi 1000 ZXL Ltd.
          Last edited by Aquarius; 16 October 2008, 05:16 Thursday.

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

Originally posted by Aquarius
            O.K., I'll do that. Thanks.

It's little hard to believe that no one in this Club never wanted to check his Calsse stuff. Classe provide fantastic feature in their amps, preamps, etc., unfortunatly, reserved only for technicans. To bad.
            Let us know if you get it? I would be surprised if Classé would give it as it might reveal their secret sauce? :B

Bon Appetite
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Aquarius
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by wettou
              Let us know if you get it? I would be surprised if Classé would give it as it might reveal their secret sauce? :B

Bon Appetite

Dear friend, you should know that all secrets about SS amplifiers are revealed long time ago.

Stay tuned.

Comment

• wettou
                Ultra Senior Member
                • May 2006

Dear friend, you should know that all secrets about SS amplifiers are revealed long time ago. Stay tuned.
                Really the SSP-800 has not yet been taken apart by hobbyist soon may be the we will know
                Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Glen B
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jul 2004

FWIW, Classé has a long history of removing the part numbers from transistors and op amps used in their products. In the end, the parts turn out to be commonly available devices used by other high end manufacturers.
                  Last edited by Glen B; 17 October 2008, 20:19 Friday.

Comment

• Aquarius
                    • Oct 2008

O.K., little by little, this conversation goes in the wrong way. Obviously we don't understand each other very well.

To avoid further misunderstandings, I won't ask anymore about Service Manual or Service Mod as well. Let's keep it as "secret" for good.

After all, there are so many other great things about Classe we can discuss.

Comment

• Gump
                      • Sep 2005

O.K., little by little, this conversation goes in the wrong way. Obviously we don't understand each other very well.

To avoid further misunderstandings, I won't ask anymore about Service Manual or Service Mod as well. Let's keep it as "secret" for good.

After all, there are so many other great things about Classe we can discuss.

I like your hat! 8)

Comment

• wettou
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • May 2006

O.K., little by little, this conversation goes in the wrong way. Obviously we don't understand each other very well. After all, there are so many other great things about Classe we can discuss.
                        Just call Classé and see if they will send you the manual taht is all then you will know and can tell us :T

Comment

• Aquarius
                          • Oct 2008

OK, here's the deal...

Service Manual is no longer needed since I got Classe's Diagnostic Software. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in some extra information about his Classe Delta equipment.

This is especially useful if you buying second hand Classe, either amplifier, CDP, preamplifier or integrated. Of course, this will do only on personal pickup. All you need is PC laptop (w/software) and USB to RS232 cable.

Thank you all for your answers and suggestions as well.

See you in some other thread.
                          Last edited by Aquarius; 07 November 2008, 10:47 Friday.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"