X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BW4me
    • Nov 2005

RSX-1067 with AppleTV (5.1 problem)

I'm using the optical output from my Apple TV 2 for the audio connection to my RSX1067. I have never been able to get sub audio with 5.1 movies played from netflix or iTunes rentals. The same audio input on my rotel will play 5.1 from DVD or BD player. I can also play 5 channel audio from iTunes library (with sub).

Apple tell me my AT2 is working fine so must be my receivers setting. Am I missing something? Didn't think this should be so complicated. It sounds like a software problem with AT2 but I don't know.

Anyone have suggestions for what my audio setting should be on the rotel?

Steve
  • Dmantis
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jun 2004

Go into Setting andy make sure Digital out is on Auto. This will give you exactly what is being played from the Apple TV 2. It is a replay device and can only do what you tell it to do.

Comment

• BW4me
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Dmantis
      Go into Setting andy make sure Digital out is on Auto. This will give you exactly what is being played from the Apple TV 2. It is a replay device and can only do what you tell it to do.
      Yes, I've tried both the "on" and "auto" settings for the Dolby Digital out on my Apple TV2 and neither make a difference.

I don't understand as much about types of digital signals, but from what I've read on an Apple forum on this subject others with different avr's have had smiler issues. There seems to be the opinion that ATV2 doesn't send signal in format that is recognized as DD5.1 or DTS5.1 by some avr's. So maybe it's a software issue with Apple.

My Rotel manual says that it automatically will detect these signals and activate the correct processing but for some reason it never does with ATV2. My Rotel display continues to read "Dolby Pro Logic". Rotel won't let me manually select that setting.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"