X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZooTv
    • Jan 2011

Rotel rack setup

Hi all - new to forum so go easy Am looking at buying a few Rotel components and mount rack style (as in my avatar). However, I don't understand racks or where to buy (or who makes). Rotel make rack mounting accessories but the racks themselves? Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve
  • wz2p7j
    • Sep 2006

Rotel components just need "ears" screwed to the sides to be rack mounted. Then you'll need a rack to mount the components in. Check out Middle Atlantic products:

They can sell you a pre-built rack enclosure or "rack rails" if you want to build your own enclosure.

Chris

Comment

• Kevin D
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Oct 2002

Nice avaitar, where you steal it from?

The nice thing about racks is it is a standard. So a U is a U is a U. You can buy the cheapest rack out there and the Rotel ears, Middle Atlantic shelves, and commercial style equipment will all fit the same.

All my setup (in the avitars) consists of is a set of rack rails bolted to 2x4's at the correct spacing, it's not a full rack at all. You can get the rails for around $40, depending on how big of a rack you want.

Kevin D.

Comment

• imbeaujp
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Kevin D

The nice thing about racks is it is a standard. So a U is a U is a U. You can buy the cheapest rack out there and the Rotel ears, Middle Atlantic shelves, and commercial style equipment will all fit the same.

All my setup (in the avitars) consists of is a set of rack rails bolted to 2x4's at the correct spacing, it's not a full rack at all. You can get the rails for around $40, depending on how big of a rack you want.

Kevin D.
        Same 2x4 assembly as you Kevin ! But still a work in progress

Jean-Pierre Imbeau

ROTEL: RSP-1098|RT-1080|RCD-1072|RDV-1060|RLC-1040|RB-1080x2|RMB-1075
        PIONEER: ELITE PRO-940HD|BDP-HD1|inno
        YAMAHA: NS-1000|NS-1000M|CA-1010|CT-1000|TC-1000|YP-1000
        PEARLESS: XXLS-12x4|BEHRINGER DSP-1124

Comment

• Kevin D
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2002

Man you need some custom faceplates? I should have a ton left over from my various upgrades.

Kevin D.

Comment

• ZooTv
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Kevin D

Kevin D.
            Yep - yours I stole....... :T

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"