X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • braxus
    • Sep 2010

Phono Stage on Rotel RC-985 Preamp

Im new here. I have a Rotel RC-985 preamp hooked up to a Rotel RB 1070 amp running B&W 602 S3 speakers. Im currently using a Thorens TD 147 turntable in this setup.

Im wanting to upgrade my cartridge on my Thorens to a Ortofon Rondo Bronze which is a $900-1000 MC cartridge. Some have said this cartridge is overkill when using it on my Rotel, stating the Rotel is underclassed to use with the Ortofon I picked out.

I have heard the phono stage on my 985 preamp can be quite good, but I'd like to hear comments from others. How would the phono stage fare today? Would an outboard unit sound better then what I have currently? I have been told the Dynavector 95II is a good choice for a phono stage, but its up there in price too. I also looked at the Jolida JD-9A phono stage.

Any comments on the phono stage of my Rotel? And what parts do they actually use in the phono section? Are they- (sowters, jensens, b&b, etc?)
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"