X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arnold van Oostrum
    • Sep 2002

No THX logo anymore?

In the newest Rotel brochure available here in The Netherlands, I saw that the Rotel amplifiers don't have the THX logo anymore on the front.

Don't know if something changed on the inside, but leaving the THX logo out, they raised the price with almost 10%. :evil:
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I don't think Rotel wants to pay the royalty fees anymore since I beleive the new 1098 won't have THX logo's either though that doens't mean that they wouldn't pass the tests if they were subjected to them

Comment

• Lee
      • Oct 2002

I've ran into case's where rotel amplifiers do not have the THX Ultra logo on it. But those are just images of the amps. The actual amp does have it though. They probalby used the photo's of the amps before they were certified.

Comment

• fhidayat
        • Oct 2002

I am interested to know if Rotel plans to provide any firmware upgrade for the THX Ultra-2 (or THX Ultra for that matter)? I meant strictly functionality rather than certification to have the logo, since I understand that there are additional sound processing features for the center back speakers that come with THX Ultra-2. Any knowledge sharing would be appreciated for this lost soul :?

:banana:

Comment

• Lee
          • Oct 2002

I dont believe there's any THX ULTRA 2 certifications for Amplifiers. Those are only for Pre/Pro's.

Comment

• fhidayat
            • Oct 2002

Lee,
            thanks for your reply...

Comment

• efarstad
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jun 2001

Actually there is THX Ultra 2 certs for amps. Parasounds new Halo series is THX Ultra 2-Certified....Not sure what the specs are that make it certified but I know they are, I've physically seen them in an audio shop in town. I figure if you visit the thx website it may have some info on what makes an amp THX Utlra-2 certified.

Just and FYI....

E

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
              E-Cinema

The Norwegian A/V Nut!
              E-Cinema

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"