X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rashad01138
    • Jun 2010

Rotel Amps and Processors

Hello, I am new to HTGuide.com

I am in the market for a new processor and a new or maybe a used amp. I found someone who is selling their RMB-1095 amp, 2 years old. I am also considering the new RMB-1575 amp. I have already auditioned the Rotel RMB-1575 using the RSP-1570 at my local dealer..... it sounds great! I would just like to hear other peoples opinions on which amp I should buy... RMB-1095 or RMB-1575. Also are there any major differences between the two amps?

Thanks.
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by rashad01138
    RMB-1095 or RMB-1575. Also are there any major differences between the two amps?
    Well, one matches the RSP-1570 and one doesn't.
    One is available new, and one isn't.
    One is class D, and one isn't.

Basically,
    Class D amps are small, light, cool, efficient, new circuit concept.
    Class AB amps are big, heavy, hot, power hungry, traditional design.

There are lots of Rotel Class D vs. AB discussions either by the search function here or Google. Opinions are rather polar, so if you can listen to both, making your own mind up would be a good way to go. Rotel believe in their Class D amps enough to have almost totally replaced their entire range with them.
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• htsteve
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

First of all, welcome to the forum! :T

mjb pretty much sums it up. I've owned both kids of amps from Rotel. I liked both kids equally well. They performed quite nicely. I know there are some that prefer one type over the other.

Do you have the opportunity to listen to the 1095, where the one for sale or at a dealer. I owned ona and it was a very good amp. but is was a large heavy thing. So make sure you have spacem including ventilation, if this is the path you go.

What speakers are you planning to drive with these?

Hope this helps.

Comment

• rashad01138
        • Jun 2010

I currently own Bowers and Wilkins 7 series as fronts and 6 series as backs.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"